Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need input on my next Product >

Need input on my next Product

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Fleece half zip pullover and pants
8.00%
Fleece full zip up jacket and pants
28.00%
Just fleece half zip pullover
4.00%
Just fleece full zip jacket
10.00%
Fleece half zip up pullover and bibs
16.00%
Fleece full zip up jacket and bibs
24.00%
Dont do fleece
10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Need input on my next Product

Old 03-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need input on my next Product

Being as this is my home away from home, and, I value everyone's opinions Iwould likesome input from any of you that want to help us before ordering my next product.We aregoing to be ordering somenew productwhich I need to get placed in the next few days. I know we need insulated cold weather gear.Another itemwe arelooking to add to our product line is fleece as a medium type garment. There are pros and cons to fleece, but the main thing with fleece is its quiet, warm, and comfortable. Im going to add a safety harness slot or hole with a flap on each chest item. You can also get some good water resistant treatments added to the fabric at the mill which I plan on doing with all our new product, its not that much more expensiveand I've personally witnessedwater resistant testing in the factory. I saw a piece of breathable plain 100% cotton fabric hold 1 quart of water for4 hours with no seeping or soaking and you can get it added to just about any fabric now. So, isfleece something I should add to our product line, or do we just go with cold weatherthinsulate stuff and what we currently have poly cotton brushed twill? Would you guys wear fleece pants or bibs, or just a jacket or pullover.

Thanks for any input.
Andy

[/align]
Old 03-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need input on my next Product

After my first experience with fleece, I haven't bought any more except gloves. With all the beggars lice and other clinging stuff I always end up walking thru, I got tired of getting it all off or having it attach to all my other clothing when stored in the rubbermaid tubs after hunts. Nothing worse than getting to your stand and realizing that there's a burr in your longjohns[8D]

If I didn't have to worry about that, a fleece full zip jacket.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 AM

Zip up jacket and bibs are a tough combination to beat, both for versatility and in this case an added layer of warmth.

But....IMO, if used in a layering strategy, elastic waistband pants, no zip up, are the way to go.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I voted for the Full Zip and Regular pants..But you knew that already

I'm excited about this water resistant stuff, it's really gonna be the bomb! Thinking out loud ~ maybe a UCsock style arm guard to help keep the fleece out of a bowstring?

One of the drawbacks of fleece is the wind cuts through it. I wonder if some sort of wind liner is possible? Again just talking to hear myself lol..
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

I like the Pullover Jackets but the Full zip has it's advanatages. It would be nice to have a dence fleece with some wind stopping technology in it.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love the pull overs,easy to pack in and pull on when you've settled in your stand after a long walk in or a chilly morning sit.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

elastic waistband pants, no zip up, are the way to go.
Why does this post make me envision you laying around on the couch in your UC fleece sweats watching Oprah with a pint of Ben and Jerry's, Jerry Garcia ice cream
Old 03-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer shirts/pullovers with no buttons and pants that can use a belt.

EDIT: I do not really like fleece anything although I do have a pair of pants that are fleece.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

elastic waistband pants, no zip up, are the way to go. [/blockquote]

Why does this post make me envision you laying around on the couch in your UC fleece sweats watching Oprah with a pint of Ben and Jerry's, Jerry Garcia ice cream
Heck, you might as well come out with the Velcro shoes for him, too! [8D]
Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Mobow. I think the full zip jacket and bibs is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Need input on my next Product

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.