Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

should I???

Old 03-24-2008, 01:26 PM

Default should I???

I currently belong to a hunt club that is great and I will continue to pay to hunt there, 600$ a year just for gun hunting and then additional 150 for bow, we are limited to the amount we can kill with gun and bow for the year, which is fine b/c there are some tremendous bucks on that 5,000 acs. However, I cannot turkey hunt, cannot bring a guest to bowhunt. It is off limits to me unless I pay the annual fees for gun and bow, which I will continue to do b/c it is a great place and great ppl. So that 750$ a year. I also lease 280 ac for about 125$ and I have the option to pay 250$ for some property my club leases in my county which only 3 min from the house 350 ac. However there are about 10 guys hunting it and I don't like that. So my question is this...my brother wants me to join his club which is 25 min from the house and they have 4000 ac and it's unlimitted access. I can turkey hunt, bow hunt with guest, and do whatever I want. Now, they have some big bucks, just not many deer or not as many big bucks as my current club. Would it be worth it to pay the 600$ to join his club and have that access to fall back on if I can come up with it??
Old 03-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: should I???

I'd ask myself....."What (exactly) am I tryingto buy?"

Old 03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been on here daily for a couple weeks and have noticed the majority of the guys on here are from up north.From what I have read you guys talking about, it is not as commercialized as where I am from, which is awesome.I live and hunt in Texas, and here to get a ranch that has any deer on it you would have to pay a minimum of 1200, which is what I pay now, and have been told that I am very lucky. So I would say yeah, buy it....then again as GMMAT stated you have to figure out what your paying 600 for....Which sounds like turkey and bringing a guest, if it is worth it to you do it if you have the coin....
Old 03-24-2008, 01:45 PM

I'd do both...$1,200 to have access to over 9,000 acres is a pretty good deal for around here...

Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 PM

Gmmat, I guess Im paying to have more land and unlimited access to hunt, along with the ability to bring guest, I enjoy sharingthe hunts. I can either pay a total of about450$ to hunt to bow hunt myclub or pay 600$ to hunt 4000ac with no restrictions. Both places have big bucks, one just has more of them. Both areTidewater Region farm land which means Peanuts , soybeans, and corn, which means high protien and lots of agriculture.As said, I will still pay to gun hunt my club, just maybe not to bowhunt. I don't know, I may just work all summer and pay it all!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

bro, do what your heart tells you
Old 03-24-2008, 02:35 PM

I know, part of it is just having the chance to bring my brother back to bowhunting after 15 yrs off. If I join, he will buy a bow!! It has has been 8 yrs since he hunted deer period until this past season.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being from where I am at, I wouldn't even blink an eye and would have already paid for the spot. Just thinking outloud.......