Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Black Ice question >

Black Ice question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Black Ice question

Old 03-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Black Ice question

My girlfriend is looking at new bows and she can get a deal on the bowtechs and diamonds with where she works and she likes the short ATA bows (she liked hoyts kobalt she shot today but can't get a deal on one so...) and the shortest higher end bows made by either company is 32" (black ice) and my question is........ Do they make the black ice with 40-50 lb limbs and would this make a good womens bow or does anyone have any other suggestions along those lines? Thanks. WCL
Old 03-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Black Ice question

Yes, you can get the Black Ice in 40-50 pound limbs.... The General by BowTech is 31 3/16 axle to axle and 40-50 pound limbs is offered on it as well.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright sounds good. Thanks. WCL
Old 03-22-2008, 04:47 PM

Try looking at either The Edge or The Rock also. I believe they are less expensive by a few hundred dollars to the black Ice. www.diamondarchery.com

Old 03-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

The Edge is a great bow for first-time shooters. If she's experienced, and wants higher quality, then Black Ice.

The Diamond Liberty is another great bow, and I hope she tries that one out, too. It's $100 less in price, but I can't figure out why: it seems to be every bit as nice as the Black Ice.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BruceW63

The Edge is a great bow for first-time shooters. If she's experienced, and wants higher quality, then Black Ice.

The Diamond Liberty is another great bow, and I hope she tries that one out, too. It's $100 less in price, but I can't figure out why: it seems to be every bit as nice as the Black Ice.
Yeah she shoots a Martin now and we considered the edge and rock but she wants to get a higher end bow that will last and perform the best. Price isnt really an issue because of the deal she can get. Also the liberty is a little longerATA and heavier inmass weightthan the black ice and what she prefers......... Right now it looks like we are going to be shooting the Black ice and the equalizer very soonbut it looks like she has her mind set on the Ice so we'll see.WCL
Old 03-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

Try looking at either The Edge or The Rock also. I believe they are less expensive by a few hundred dollars to the black Ice. www.diamondarchery.com

She already has a martin that is similar to those bow and wants to upgrade to a higher end bow that is more advanced. We did look at those but she wants somethign a lil more advanced. WCL
Old 03-22-2008, 07:49 PM

If price isn't an issue then have her try out the Matthews DXT or Drenalin as well.

Good luck
Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

If price isn't an issue then have her try out the Matthews DXT or Drenalin as well.

Good luck
By price not being and issue I ment its not an issue because of the deal she can get with where she works (half price off any bow or gun that they deal). She would be getting the DXT but withwhere she works she can only get her deal on bowtechs, diamonds, martins, and some other off brand names. WCL
Old 03-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have an Ice. It is light, well balanced, holds well, has an amazingly smooth draw,and is a flat out shooter. I'm sure she would love one. BTW, in the archery evaluation '07 shoot off, the Ice was the second highest rated bow (behind the Guardian).

Quick Reply: Black Ice question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.