Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weird things deer do? >

Weird things deer do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weird things deer do?

Old 03-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default Weird things deer do?

I was just wondering what some of the weird or unusual things you have seen deer do? This morning i was on my back porch and was looking in the woods and there was four deer just running in circles it almost looked like the were chasing each others tails??? i dunno
Old 03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weird things deer do?

I seen a few deer chasing each others tails before, and i seen a deer last year jumpingand kicking with his back legs. i dono what for but it did it for like 6 minutes lol.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

We've had alot of snow on the ground around here for the entire winter, deer were eating just about anything. Recently while coyote hunting I would drive by this spot where the farmer kept his hay bales. Three days in a row this deer would be on top of the bales eating and the other 2 would be hollowing out the center of the bales! The guy on top there is actually kinda hiding, so he thinks, when I first would come around the corner he would be standing directly on top!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tracked a doe and 2 fawns last winter and came across a spot where one deer stood on it's hind legs and put it's front feet up on a fallen tree to balance while it ate buds off of some lower hanging limbs. I also was tracking one that stood up out of it's bed and jumped about 6' sideways to try to get me to lose it's track.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

I had a doe track me to my tree and look up.Wildlife research #307 on my boots.Man she tasted good.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

BHF, that's a neat photo and at the same time, sad. Thanks for sharing.

I've seen them doing so many things but the only one that pops up was an 11 pt and another buck that were harrassing and chasing gobblers around some trees. The gobblers got my attention until I saw the 11pt. (9 with two kickers). I started calling and rattling and arrowed the buck.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watched a doe harassing a house cat once. Seems she was determined to push this thing out of the woods, very strange!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:05 PM
N2D

Last fall I was up in my stand and I heard something from behind me. As I looked it was a big ole doe that was tracking my path up a small ditch I had walked in on. She knew something was up. When she walked past my tree about 10 yards the angle was not right so I let out a very light "Baaaab" before she got into the thick brush. As I did, she instantly jumped about 3 feet in the air and went about 10 feet forward without touching the ground. I was laughing so hard I could not pull back my bow.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

WAYYYYYYYYY to many to name
Old 03-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

WAYYYYYYYYY to many to name
well at least name one!

Quick Reply: Weird things deer do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.