Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ameristep intimidator....anyone have one? >

Ameristep intimidator....anyone have one?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ameristep intimidator....anyone have one?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:53 PM

Default Ameristep intimidator....anyone have one?

I've been looking at blinds for the upcoming spring gobbler season and I'm having a tough time deciding. Does anyone have the initimidator made by Ameristep or know someone that does? Seems to be a decent blind for the money (around $200). The feature I absolutely love about this blind is the removable floor. The place I will be hunting is LOADED with ticks. I was planning on setting up in a field which is where these little maggots love to hang.[:@] It has some other nice features. Check it out.

....and for the record. I don't want to sink $400 in a DB. I don't believe there is a $200 difference among these blinds.

Heres a link.
http://www.ameristep.com/blinds/intimidator.html

Heres a new one that is coming out made by Primos or Ground Max...whatever. Looks pretty good.
https://shop.primos.com/pc-1146-123-the-vision.aspx
Old 03-21-2008, 02:09 PM

Default RE: Ameristep intimidator....anyone have one?

I purchased the Ameristep Brickhouse for $100 off in the Winter and plan on trying it out....

We can compare stories in a few weeks.....
Old 03-21-2008, 03:48 PM

Sounds good man...its gonna be my first time bowhunting spring gobblers. Also, it will be the first time ever using a blind. We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Initimidator is a noticably nicer blind that the Brickhouse. And leagues nicer than the Doghouse blinds. It's money well spent.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Spike

i just bought one a few weeks ago. they are very nice! ive used it once already and killed a bird out of it! the floor zips in and out. i havent used it, but it seems like it would be kinda loud. it is made of a heavy nylon material. again i havent used it though, so i dont know for sure. the shoot thru mesh zips in and out or you can unzip it and use the bungee style hooks to hold it up. the windows have strong magnets to hold them up, but they stay put well just being behind the rods. for the money, i would sure recommend you get one.
good luck
brian
Old 03-21-2008, 04:51 PM

James:

Since I am the proud owner of a Brickhouse are there any negative things I should be aware of?????
Old 03-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

i have the intimidator.... it's a great blind! the floor works great... the only downside is it's a little heavy and pretty bulky to pack into the woods every morning, and it can be a little noisy setting up. but if you plan on leaving it... it works really well. overall it's an awesome blind
Old 03-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of the most significant differences that I found between the Brickhouse and the Intimidator is the magnetic windows. The Brickhouse does not come with any type of silent window. It is much easier to use the magnetic windows of the Intimidator than the zipper and velcro windows found in the Brickhouse. Also, the Intimidator has more bungees on the outside of the blind for brushing it in. Both are nice blinds, but the Intimidator goes the extra mile.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM

Thanks guys! I plan on getting one very soon.

Are they fairly easy/quick to set up? How is the bow holder?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would be surprised if it took you longer than a minute to set up. But on the take down, be sure to pull the roof in first or you are going to run into some compications.

As far as the bowholder, it works fine. Seems to put the bow directly in my way more than anything. I tend to use the bowholder as a place to put my binos and lay the bow on the ground next to my feet.

Again, I own both blinds. I also own a Doghouse blind. I do not own a DoubleBull, but as of this point I don't see the need in purchasing one. The Intimidator isan awesome blind for a very affordable price.

Quick Reply: Ameristep intimidator....anyone have one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.