Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Black Ice vs Allegiance... >

Black Ice vs Allegiance...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Black Ice vs Allegiance...

Old 03-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Black Ice vs Allegiance...

I currently shoot a Black Ice....I really do like the bow, but I want to get a new one...The bow that I have shot that I like the most is the Allegiance, but it is a toss up whether I like it better than my black ice...any opinions, would the allegiance be an upgrade? or should I just keep my black ice? I cant decide and need some help.....thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 AM

Default RE: Black Ice vs Allegiance...

Really, it depends on what you're wanting out of your bow.

The Allegiance is a fast bow, but (when compared to the Black Ice) you can definitely feel it in the draw cycle. At 70# the Allegiance is much more difficult to draw.

The Black Ice was designed with smoothness in mind. You're going to lose some FPS, but you're going to have a silky smooth draw.

They're both awesome bows; real tack drivers. What it comes down to is what do you want? Speed or smoothness?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've owned both and to me it would be Hands Down the Allegiance.

Dan
Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

No question about it... The Allegiance.

If you're worried at all about the draw cycle being too stiff on the Ally, $30 or so will get you a pair of smooth mods and it's like having two bows in one. The Ally is every bit as forgiving to me as the Black Ice, with speed to spare compared to the Black Ice.

I'm having one built just for me right now that will be "mine" to never be sold again; this one will be my third and last one... I like the bow that much.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a crackerized Guardian on order but my 07 Allegiance is just plain not for sale. The Allegiance is a fabulous hunting bow.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:49 PM

In my opinion it's not. Don't get caught up in the whole fps thing, the Black Ice is great. They're both plenty fast and hit just as hard, you're only talking about 2 - 3 foot pounds of KE extra out of the Ally. They are both beautiful bows however and as a matter of fact, after browsing the internet for a little last night I teased my wife and told her I was picking up an Allegiance to add to my art work collection tommorrow and her answer was a resounding NO. I was trying to convince her that they are works of art and started pointing to the walls telling her which bow that I would have hanging on each and every wall, lol
Old 03-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

In my opinion it's not. Don't get caught up in the whole fps thing, the Black Ice is great. They're both plenty fast and hit just as hard, you're only talking about 2 - 3 foot pounds of KE extra out of the Ally. They are both beautiful bows however and as a matter of fact, after browsing the internet for a little last night I teased my wife and told her I was picking up an Allegiance to add to my art work collection tommorrow and her answer was a resounding NO. I was trying to convince her that they are works of art and started pointing to the walls telling her which bow that I would have hanging on each and every wall, lol
Sounds like you gotta Plan if you can just convince the little Lady

Dan
Old 03-21-2008, 04:53 PM

Just give it some more time, LOL
Old 03-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

My 06 Ally is still part of my arsenal and may be for sometime to come. I thought about putting it on the market but....it's an extension of my hand. I'm considering ordering a Black Ice and setting it up for turkeys...just to see.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

My 06 Ally is still part of my arsenal and may be for sometime to come. I thought about putting it on the market but....it's an extension of my hand. I'm considering ordering a Black Ice and setting it up for turkeys...just to see.
Geez, how many bows can one guy have? jk You can't just have all of them sitting there not getting full shooting time, so you're just going to have to send some my way so they can be shot enough to feel like they're being used.[8D]

Quick Reply: Black Ice vs Allegiance...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.