Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 a good digital camera? >

a good digital camera?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

a good digital camera?

Old 03-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default a good digital camera?

Hey guys, I want to buy a digital camera for my hunting and fishing. don't want to spend much more than 200$. Something I can take in the woods and on the water and get good pics and not have to worry about it because I havea small fortune invested. Any suggestions?
Old 03-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: a good digital camera?

magicman not sure what size camera yo uwant but i got one of these and its great didnt break the budget and it takes nice pics to

http://cgi.ebay.com/KODAK-Z712-IS-7-1MP-DIGITAL-VIDEO-CAMERA-4GB-4-BONUS_W0QQitemZ140217261638QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1079 04QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-21-2008, 10:35 AM

FujiFilm A500 - $120 at Wal-Mart.

The majority of the pictures I've posted have been taken with this camera. Awesome picture quality at 5.1 MegaPixels.

The only downside at this point is that this particular camera still uses XD memory cards which, for the most part, have been phased out of the digital camera world. Most take an SD card, which is easy to find. The only XDs I've come across recently have been 2GB for $50.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Olympus 790 I believe excellent photographs and practically indestructable.I ruined a digital last year with water soaking through my back pack while hunting in the pacific northwest.I did a lot of research (waterproof and shock proof) on digitals before I purchased the Olympus.I can forward my purchase source to you if you are interested.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will also reccomend Olympus.. for close to $150 you can get a real low profile camera.. with a rechargeable battery.. like 6.0 mega-pixels.. and they have HUGE lcd screens to view your pics in the field.

I never enter the woods without my FE-190. It's very small and thin.. easy to carry in a pocket and takes great photos for the price.

And yes.. they are extremely shock proof.. as mine has survived a fall or two and is workin' like a champ.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:48 PM

I have a Kodak EasyShare Z612

It not very low profile, but It takes excellent pictures and the software on the computer is really easy to work with
Old 03-21-2008, 02:25 PM

I got this one and I am happy with it. Mine is 4X....

Canon PowerShot SD750 7.1-Megapixel Digital Camera - Silver Model #: CAN SD750 [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] Enlarge CAMERAS & CAMCORDERS > CAMERAS');pluginWindow=window.open('http://syndicate.sellpoint.net/Syndicate/SynMaster?Tentoe=LCUIQO-22275','newwindow','height=0,width=0,dependent=1,d irectories=0,locationA35=0,menubar=0,resizable=1,s crollbars=1,toolbar=0'); pluginWindow.focus();return false;" target="newwindow"> CAMERAS & CAMCORDERS > CAMERAS');pluginWindow=window.open('http://syndicate.sellpoint.net/Syndicate/SynMaster?Tentoe=LCUIQO-22275','newwindow','height=0,width=0,dependent=1,d irectories=0,locationA35=0,menubar=0,resizable=1,s crollbars=1,toolbar=0' ); pluginWindow.focus();return false;" target="newwindow"> Demo
[/align] [/align] Customerrating:4.5[/align]

Based on 153 ratings[/align][/align] • 7.1 megapixels[/align] • 3x optical zoom[/align] • 3" LCD monitor[/align] [/align] • High ISO mode[/align] • Face detection[/align] • 32MB internal memory[/align] [/align] [/align] • Free: photo printer after rebate & savings up to 15% on camera accessories [/align] • Special Offers [/align] [/align] [/align] Price was:[/align]$249.99[/align]You save:[/align]-$50.00[/align] [/align] [/align] [hr] You pay:[/align] $199.99
Free shipping on orders $24 & up[/align]Get it today: check in-store availability[/align][/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align]
Old 03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

olympus stylus 790sw here...not sure what they run..probably a bit over 200$ but as far as i know they are the only cameras out there with specs like they have...shock proof, water proof, dust proof, freeze proof etc...all to a certain extent, they DO have other models that will take more water or shock than the 790....

i got mine for Christmas...if its not in my front pocket of my jeans, its in a coat pocket, back pack, truck seat gettin tossed around etc...takes awesome pictures...i really like it..batterys seem to last forever...really cant find a problem with it...i really am truely happy with it. even able to shut down all the sounds so i can take pics while hunting and not worry about bells or whistles...

really liked my last Olympus as well...took awesome pics..was only like 3.2mp or something like that..it was OLD..it was a hand me down from mom...but it lasted a couple years for her and took a beating from me for a couple years and wasnt shock or water proof...and i beat it pretty bad...
Old 03-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at the Nikon Coolpix

Or the Sony cybershot line... both great little cameras, i went with the nikon, i think it was 220 though.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have digital Trail cameras, get one that uses the same type of memory card. That way you can view your trail cam pics right there in the woods.

Quick Reply: a good digital camera?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.