Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 deer hit by cars >

deer hit by cars

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
no never
15.96%
i have hit one
27.66%
a family member has hit one
17.02%
me or a family member has hit more than one
34.04%
HEck my family takes more deer with a car than we do hunting
5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

deer hit by cars

Old 03-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: deer hit by cars

I hit and killed a big doe 2 years ago on my way to work,it cost about $600 in repairs![&o]
Old 03-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've hit 2 of them. I put 200 miles a day on so that isn't just to bad of odds.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had one hit me.ran right into the the bed side...the ol lady took 2 out in about a months time!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have hit and killed one spike buck ... it sucked,I felt so bad for the little buggar ... herolled right up under my drivers side tire of my Dodge 3500...

I have been lucky, I have dodged more deer than I can actually count, a few herds of elk crossing the road..and a couple moose..
Old 03-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

I hit the buck I had been hunting all season one time. He cost me a little more than a tag.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hit 2 at the same time on Christmas Night 6 years ago........on I83 in the snow. Really smacked my truck up.

Merry Christmas to me.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:04 PM

i hit one a mile from my house in front of my aunts house in my "company car" doing about mach 20. needless to say nothing left of the deer and little left of the van. i actually carried the deer for about a 1/16 of a mile in my grill.

the buggar of it is my buddies dad decided he would pick corn at night and started up the picker and headed straight for the woods adjacent to the woods. i had no chance to even let off the gas. i called my buddy up the next day and told him he better not let his dad pick corn at night in the middle of the rut again. in my hunting area non the less
Old 03-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was doing a Bonzi run to one of my honey hole hunting spots 4 hour drive but worth it . I had a nice buck walk right in front of my chevy Suburban at 55mph. I knocked the horns right off his head ! Much to my surprise I did not have alot of damage to my front. I tried to find the horns with no luck, This buck went flying!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 03-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

The only one that I have hit was with my explorer about 5 and a half years ago. It was early spring and I was late for bowling that night and me and my wife were speeding down a country road in Missouri. He jumped out in front of me and I never seen him coming. He did no damage to my explorer but killed him almost instanly.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:26 PM

Yeah, I hit one once. She jumped just as I hit her, and it broke her front leg. Last I saw she was trotting off threw a field. Nothing I could do about it. [&o]

Oh, my mom hit a big buck one night as well, right in front of our house. Messed the car up pretty good, but once again, the deer ran off.

Quick Reply: deer hit by cars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.