Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well it does not look good for ROSS >

Well it does not look good for ROSS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well it does not look good for ROSS

Old 03-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Well it does not look good for ROSS

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

I bet the logo will be better as soon as they find someone to steal it off of. I really love the Ross bow, but I will not be buyinga G5 Quest, even though they are the same bow, strictly because of the logo, the company image. Looks like if God forbid Ross goes down, I'll be joining you Mathews boys[:'(].
with that attitude, us Mathews boys don't want you .... buy a Bowtech [:-]
How about me What's this I hear about Whisper Creek[8D]

Well HCA is out, that thing is like shooting a tuning fork with limbs on it[8D] J/k fran
Bowtech is like joing the Empire[8D]
Hoyt I could handle
I have a GTO on order, their next to go belly up[&:]
PSE

Are bows like paintings? If company goes under, does the bow have more value. [&:]
Old 03-19-2008, 06:49 AM

To answer alot of your questions here, NO the logo does not make the bow shoot any better. But let me ask this, if you were at a show and you walked up to 2 booths and they were both brand new bow companies both selling a similar bow with similar specs and you shot those bows and they shot exactly the same. But Booth #1 was done up very professional with backdrops and signage and an eye catching logo, while Booth #2 was just a guy with a photo copied brochure and a cut and pasted poster and a folding table, oh and the prices on both bows were exactly the same. Owner #1 was dressed in a collared shirt with the company logo on it and kahki pants while owner 2 was dresses in a t-shirt and jeans. Now tell me which bow you would go and buy? My guess it would be from Owner #1. Look at that and tell me good graphic design and marketing don't play into your decisions.

Look at the camo's on the market. Camo design especially for the BIG 2 is nothing more than designing something appealing to the hunters eye, yes the patterns may work but they can extend their sales to maybe groups of people who may not be hunters but think the look is cool. Just like the gangs and kids who thought the raiders logos were cool in the 80's and 90's but may not have been fans of the team at all.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

I bet the logo will be better as soon as they find someone to steal it off of. I really love the Ross bow, but I will not be buyinga G5 Quest, even though they are the same bow, strictly because of the logo, the company image. Looks like if God forbid Ross goes down, I'll be joining you Mathews boys[:'(].
with that attitude, us Mathews boys don't want you .... buy a Bowtech [:-]
How about me What's this I hear about Whisper Creek[8D]
You are MORE than welcome to join us, Gary
Old 03-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

As a Graphic Designer, Germ I have to agree, that is one crappylogo.I've seen 3rd graders come up with better. They did not put much thought into it at all. [:'(]
Damnit man, I could have used you last year!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

As a Graphic Designer, Germ I have to agree, that is one crappy logo. I've seen 3rd graders come up with better. They did not put much thought into it at all. [:'(]
Sorry Andy, Hey if you ever need anything in the future give me a shout. I'd be happy to help out.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Man who cares its just a logo......The logo isnt what does the job, its the man behind the machine...I could care less if a logo was in block lettering...
I was thinking the same thing! Its a statement the Logo is plain and simple and at that it is. It does absolutely NOTHING!
I agree. People get way to hung up on this stuff.I never even look at my bows logo.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are a whole lot of you that have no reason to ever possess a man card again.
Last week there was talk of truck stickers,bow string colors,pretty wraps.
Turn them in boys, man cards deserve better.
You guys sound like teenage girls going to a dance,are you all getting your plans made for the HIN spring bash,we wouldn't want a camo clash or god forbid one of you showing up wearing a real tree tee shirt and an Ultimate camo hat.[]
Man purseswhile shooting will be optional.[:-]

Its a sticker for gods sake,get over it.[:@]
Old 03-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

As a Graphic Designer, Germ I have to agree, that is one crappy logo. I've seen 3rd graders come up with better. They did not put much thought into it at all. [:'(]
Sorry Andy, Hey if you ever need anything in the future give me a shout. I'd be happy to help out.
You can count on it!!

Uh oh, I see Jim is online. Jim you will have to hunt me down and or catch me and pry it from my cold dead fingers before beforeyou take my Man Card!!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are a whole lot of you that have no reason to ever possess a man card again.
I have to agree with you here Jim. What is with all this Nancy-boy "my stuff is pretty" nonsense?

My wife makes sure her shoes match her outfit.Do you guys alsocheck yourselves in the mirror before you go out hunting?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Last week there was talk of truck stickers,bow string colors,pretty wraps.
Turn them in boys, man cards deserve better.
You guys sound like teenage girls going to a dance,are you all getting your plans made for the HIN spring bash,we wouldn't want a camo clash or god forbid one of you showing up wearing a real tree tee shirt and an Ultimate camo hat.[]
Man purseswhile shooting will be optional.[:-]

Its a sticker for gods sake,get over it.[:@]
Are you just bitter because you didn't pass you physical when you went to get your "Man Card" renewed? Please don't take it out on us. We're just a bunch of teenage girls after all.

Quick Reply: Well it does not look good for ROSS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.