HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Not a good day... UPDATE - today was a good day! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/237886-not-good-day-update-today-good-day.html)

LittleChief 03-17-2008 09:41 PM

Not a good day... UPDATE - today was a good day!

This isn't bow hunting related, but this is where I spend all my time on here, and it's where my friends are. Today my wife was birthday shopping for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. She drove out of the mall in her Focus and was broadsided by a jeep. Thank god the impact was on the passenger side. It totalled the car. She was hit so hard that it blew ALL of the glass out and now the two bucket seats arepressed againsteach other. The driver of the Jeep is fine, but Beth is in the hospital. She's bruised pretty badly and has a lot of small cuts from flying glass, but the problem is internal injuries caused by being thrown so violently into theseat belt on her right side. Still, if she hadn't been wearing it..... I don't even want to think about it.

They're not going to operate until tomorrow morning. After they finally got her into her room, I made sure she was resting and came home to make sure the kids were okay (no family in the area), get a shower and get something to eat. I'm about to head back. Just thought I'd drop a quick line. We could use some positive thoughts right now.

MN/Kyle 03-17-2008 09:45 PM

RE: Not a good day...

Wow, that is very sad, LittleChief. You and you're family will be in my prayers tonight. Thank god she was wearing her seat belt. Hope all goes well. Take Care.

virginiashadow 03-17-2008 09:46 PM

I am hoping things work for the best tomorrow LittleChief...

TEmbry 03-17-2008 09:47 PM

What can you say...Prayers are on the way man. And to think seat beltsareviewed asa hassle, atleastuntil situations like this happen.

djs06dc5 03-17-2008 09:54 PM

sorry to hear that. hope all goes well with the surgery/recovery.stay positive.

englum_06 03-17-2008 09:57 PM

wow really sorry to hear that. hopeeverything goes well.

TJF 03-17-2008 10:01 PM

geeze !!! I also hope everything goes well. Prayers sent for your wife, your family and you !!

Tim

nkyhunter 03-17-2008 10:03 PM

It seems that you are seeing what could of really happened.......and thank god it didn't. My prayers are and WILLbe with your family. Stay strong and tell your daughter happy b-day.........The Lord works in a strange way.

Ripstop 03-17-2008 10:12 PM

My thoughts are will you and your family. I hope for the best. Hang in ther brother

buckmaster 03-17-2008 10:26 PM

Prayers sent, I hope everything goes good. I dont know much of anything medical, but if you dont mind me asking,what kind of surgery has to be done? But in any case please give us an update.

Myersbuck 03-17-2008 11:39 PM

Things like this remind us how precious life is. My prayers are with you and your family.

907Alaska 03-17-2008 11:42 PM

Our prayers are with you!

Vabowman 03-18-2008 05:11 AM

Glad she was wearing her belt. What kind of injuries does she have? What are the docs saying? We all will keep her in our thoughts.

BobCo19-65 03-18-2008 05:32 AM

Very sorry to hear. Prayers are being sent.

twildasin 03-18-2008 05:34 AM

Hope all is well. Im sorry to hear about your accident! I will pray for you and your wife! Keep your chin up and be strong for the kids and your wife!!

ozbowhunter 03-18-2008 05:36 AM

thinking of you and yours mate

Schultzy 03-18-2008 05:37 AM

Prayers sent Chief, wish you all the best!!

shawneeslinger 03-18-2008 06:05 AM

Hope things go better than you expect. I'm not too far away it seems, so dont hesitate to give a call if my family can be of any help.

cowboy4513 03-18-2008 06:08 AM

Hope everything turns out for the best... now get a lawyer.

brucelanthier 03-18-2008 06:19 AM

You and your family will be in my thoughts.

PA Hardwoods 03-18-2008 06:21 AM

Prayers are said for your wife and family. I wish her a speedy recovery.

kickin_buck 03-18-2008 06:25 AM

I am positive everything will turn out for the best with your wife. Put your faith in God! Know that your wife and your familiy are included in our prayers.

RDHunter 03-18-2008 06:27 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you LittleChief , I hope your wife will recover soon.

Greg / MO 03-18-2008 06:56 AM

If you get back on here any time soon, Little Chief, let me know where you're at if you're anywhere close to Cape Girardeau; you can PM me if you want. I saw you list Southeast Mo as home, and the only mall I can think of around here is here -- unless she went to Dyersburg or Jonesboro.

I'll help you out in any way we can. My wife's great at making dinners to bring over to families in time of need like this. May help you guys out with the kids situation so you're not having to eat out all the time. Let me know.

Sliverflicker 03-18-2008 07:10 AM

Thoughts and Prayers for your wife and family, wishing for her speedy recovery.

Schultzy 03-18-2008 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

If you get back on here any time soon, Little Chief, let me know where you're at if you're anywhere close to Cape Girardeau; you can PM me if you want. I saw you list Southeast Mo as home, and the only mall I can think of around here is here -- unless she went to Dyersburg or Jonesboro.

I'll help you out in any way we can. My wife's great at making dinners to bring over to families in time of need like this. May help you guys out with the kids situation so you're not having to eat out all the time. Let me know.
Well said Greg! It shows your character and the type of family you all are.;) Kudo's to your family.

HuntingBry 03-18-2008 07:19 AM

Chief, my prayers are with you guys.

Greg, class act! Kudos.

LittleChief 03-18-2008 05:03 PM

RE: Not a good day... UPDATE

Guys,
Thanks so much for the kind words, warm wishes and prayers. They sure seemed to work. Last night, after viewing the results of aCAT scan, they said they were going to perform surgery this morning. After a battery of additional tests,they said todaythat they don't have to operate. She's bruised inside and out, but they say that she'll be okay. They actually let her come home, and we just got home a little while ago... just in time to light the candles on my daughters' birthday cake. It all turned out better than we could have hoped. Thanks again to everyone.

Also, to shawneeslinger and Greg/MO... I truly appreciate the offers for help. That was an awesome gesture on your parts. I sure am glad I ended up not needing the help though. You may have reconsidered, though, when you found out that I actually live in Millington, TN.:D I just still call Missouri home. Cape Girardeau is probably about a good 4 hours away. I don't even know how far away Illinois is. Still, I can't tell you how much that meant to my wife and I.

Now we just need some rest.... especially Beth. Thanks again to you all.

Schultzy 03-18-2008 05:05 PM

Good to hear Chief.;)

CNYhunter 03-18-2008 05:10 PM

That is good that she is getting better. I hope for a speedy recovery.

Greg / MO 03-18-2008 05:28 PM

That's great news, Little Chief!!

I couldn't help but think of our best friends who have a half-sister a lot younger than them... they were in a car wreck a couple months ago, and the EMT's sent them on their way... a short time later -- before they'd even made it home -- the girl was complaining about being really, really sleepy and "just wanting to go to sleep"...

Thank God they just had a feeling something wasn't right and drove straight to the emergency room where they discovered her blood pressure was almost non-existant. Turns out the lap belt in the back seat had cut her intestines open internally with no outward signs -- she almost bled out internally before they got her home.

Through some serious prayers and God's intervention, she's fine now... but I have a deeper appreciation for things getting torn up inside now and not being visible to the naked eye.

Tell Beth we'll still keep praying for her.

nkyhunter 03-18-2008 05:52 PM

Awesome news!!!! Love to hear that.

buckmaster 03-18-2008 05:56 PM

Great News! Thanks for the update.

Rory/MO 03-18-2008 05:56 PM

RE: Not a good day... UPDATE - today was a good day!

thank god shes alive!

Germ 03-18-2008 05:58 PM

Great to hear, if you need anyting let us know

Finch 03-18-2008 06:02 PM

Glad to hear it all worked out. Wait on her hand and foot.:)

Sliverflicker 03-18-2008 09:28 PM

Great News!

BowHuntingFool 03-18-2008 09:33 PM

Glad to hear she's OK!!!!!!!!!

TFOX 03-18-2008 09:39 PM

I am really glad this turned out ok.I missed this the first time around but really hope she continues to get better.

I also hope the birthday is a happy one.;)

Cougar Mag 03-18-2008 10:15 PM

Just now read this. Glad she didn't need surgery and is able to enjoy being home for your daughter's birthday.