HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Not a good day... UPDATE - today was a good day! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/237886-not-good-day-update-today-good-day.html)

LittleChief 03-17-2008 09:41 PM

Not a good day... UPDATE - today was a good day!

This isn't bow hunting related, but this is where I spend all my time on here, and it's where my friends are. Today my wife was birthday shopping for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. She drove out of the mall in her Focus and was broadsided by a jeep. Thank god the impact was on the passenger side. It totalled the car. She was hit so hard that it blew ALL of the glass out and now the two bucket seats arepressed againsteach other. The driver of the Jeep is fine, but Beth is in the hospital. She's bruised pretty badly and has a lot of small cuts from flying glass, but the problem is internal injuries caused by being thrown so violently into theseat belt on her right side. Still, if she hadn't been wearing it..... I don't even want to think about it.

They're not going to operate until tomorrow morning. After they finally got her into her room, I made sure she was resting and came home to make sure the kids were okay (no family in the area), get a shower and get something to eat. I'm about to head back. Just thought I'd drop a quick line. We could use some positive thoughts right now.

MN/Kyle 03-17-2008 09:45 PM

RE: Not a good day...

Wow, that is very sad, LittleChief. You and you're family will be in my prayers tonight. Thank god she was wearing her seat belt. Hope all goes well. Take Care.

virginiashadow 03-17-2008 09:46 PM

I am hoping things work for the best tomorrow LittleChief...

TEmbry 03-17-2008 09:47 PM

What can you say...Prayers are on the way man. And to think seat beltsareviewed asa hassle, atleastuntil situations like this happen.

djs06dc5 03-17-2008 09:54 PM

sorry to hear that. hope all goes well with the surgery/recovery.stay positive.

englum_06 03-17-2008 09:57 PM

wow really sorry to hear that. hopeeverything goes well.

TJF 03-17-2008 10:01 PM

geeze !!! I also hope everything goes well. Prayers sent for your wife, your family and you !!

Tim

nkyhunter 03-17-2008 10:03 PM

It seems that you are seeing what could of really happened.......and thank god it didn't. My prayers are and WILLbe with your family. Stay strong and tell your daughter happy b-day.........The Lord works in a strange way.

Ripstop 03-17-2008 10:12 PM

My thoughts are will you and your family. I hope for the best. Hang in ther brother

buckmaster 03-17-2008 10:26 PM

Prayers sent, I hope everything goes good. I dont know much of anything medical, but if you dont mind me asking,what kind of surgery has to be done? But in any case please give us an update.