Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you be proud of this shot? >

Would you be proud of this shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you be proud of this shot?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:19 PM

Default RE: Would you be proud of this shot?

I don't know how much "slightly" quartering is, but......I think it's a tad back.....But not a bad shot by any means. I would think it's certainly a lung shot.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Don (others)....if it was "back".....what would I have hit, internally?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

I bet u punched em in the heart huh, or did you clip the liver if you were indeed a little back
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Don (others)....if it was "back".....what would I have hit, internally?
Which side of the body is the liver on? Isn't it the left?? In which case you would have missed that I believe....
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Dominant Buck

It will take you at least 5 more seasons like the one you just had to end up being close to how many autopsies I've done on deer. I only shoot 1-4 deer per year.
Fair enough.....but do you stand by this (which was the reason I asked the question)?

the only thing around the bones is muscle.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM

I'd say any kill shot with a bow is a good one, especially when you recover it within 50 yards.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mobow, your right, there are not absolutes as we were not there, didn't see the deer. I try to stay off that shouder as a deers reaction time is incredible and can actually catch the arrow as it passes through the animal, send it right behind that shoulder angling forward and it's going to be a short track job.

The green dot to me seems to be slightly forward on a quartered away deer depending on everyones degree of quartered away. On a broadside shot, the green dot is still a touch forward to my liking and actually higher than I like.

Come down an inch and dead center between the two and I'm watching my deer die in sight and sitting down in my treestand shaking like a leaf...LOL
Old 03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

a lot of these guys are saying far back, but i think for a quartering away deer, thats a perfectly fine shot. i wouldnt mind if my arrow got em there.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff I never said it was a bad shot in the Rage thread. All I said was if it was completely broadside your shot would of been a little far back and thus that would of been a good reason why your deer didn't bleed like you wished it would of. If it was broadside your BH of choice shouldn't be at fault for lack of blood. If it wasn't broadside but quartering away instead, excellent shot!! You take things to heart all the time. Not once did I criticize your shot. Geesh!!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Exactly, Rob. And it may not be far back at all, depending on how much it was quartering.

Quick Reply: Would you be proud of this shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.