Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Beating Is Over >

The Beating Is Over

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Beating Is Over

Old 03-17-2008, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default The Beating Is Over

Well after about4-5 months of beating myself over the head and driving my wife insane Ive decidedthis is the yearfor a new bow.Now dont get me wrong, Ive shot many bows over the last 4-5 months and I tell you, technology has changed alot since I bought my first new bow back in 01. My PSE Nova has done me well since then and I plan on keeping it setup for me as a back up bow. I have shot the Guardian, X-Force, 101st, and a few others. I liked them all except the Guardian. Well while I was on vacation I decided Id go over to Bullseye Sport Shop in Marshfield, Wi, yes its the same Bullseye Sport Shop thats advertised on VS and other outdoor channles, anyway, my father in law and I went in there to see what they had for crossbows, since hes 65 hes strongly thinking of getting one. I ran across a the 2008Bear Lights Out. I tell it was like holding a new woman. . It just felt right! I drew it back and fell even more in love with it. Very smooth drawing bow. They had just gotten one setup and sitting on the counter. I asked If I could shoot it. Very quiet, Fast, and very accurate. "Im falling for her dad" I said with a grin on my face to my father in law. I have done some more research on this bow since the dayIshot it and am very happy with bears warranty program, sure its not quite as good as PSEs but its right up there and competes. The 2008Lights out bow (bare) is 329.95, not too bad, but when the dealer told me what the package deal was my jaw dropped. Bow, Quiver, WB Rest, Sight, and Release $450.00. And not to forget 8.75 inch brace height.Many of you know I have been a very loyal PSE consumer since I started bow hunting in 1997, but maybe sometimes change is good. It just feels so right. So now all Im waiting for is my next refundfrom Uncle Sam and its off to the shop I go. .
Is there anyone else on here that has this bow? What are your thoughts? Likes or dislikes?
Old 03-17-2008, 04:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Beating Is Over

Well I sure can't say anything Bad about them. (or even good for that matter) All I can say is congratulationss for finding the one YOU like. Hope it Brings you many years of fun and success.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

First I've heard of it but it looks like a very nice bow and that is certainly a good deal. Their website shows the ready-to-shoot package even comes with a Trophy Ridge stabilizer and braided wriststrap. You should really enjoy it.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Bartender

Congrats Tony you did it right and checked it out and found out what was best for you.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now how can I tell my wife its over lol...
Old 03-17-2008, 04:52 AM

Tony, I will say that loyalty does not pay. If that bow feels good to you then go with it. I have a PSE now, but I doubt I will have another one for my next bow. Bear bows are great, the Truth 2 is the only one I shot and it was sweet.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:22 AM
Bartender

I will tell her later today. OOPS
ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Now how can I tell my wife its over lol...
Old 03-17-2008, 05:36 AM

Im curious to know what kind of speed you will get out 8.75 brace??
Old 03-17-2008, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's the way to do it. Just keep shooting them until you find that "one."

Congrats on the new bow.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot it through the Chrono and got 297

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Im curious to know what kind of speed you will get out 8.75 brace??

Quick Reply: The Beating Is Over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.