Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 guys with string leeches >

guys with string leeches

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

guys with string leeches

Old 03-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default guys with string leeches

do they help? is it worth the 20 or so $? are they easy to put on?
thanks
Old 03-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: guys with string leeches

They do help, but you will eventually blow them off, not really worth the money IMO, does the suppressors on your bow not make it quiet? Assuming that it's the bow were talking about.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:07 PM

Yes they work...but like he said they will have to be replaced time after time

Old 03-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i just got a new bow today, its the quietest i have shot, but i know theres quieter. so im taking it you guys are telling me not to get them?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put some cat wiskers on your new bow. They will last forever and do a better job of quieting your bow.

The leeches will rip in half in no time.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:15 PM

They make your bow quieter, no one will argue that.More of a personal preference thing. You will loose speed, but if you want quieter, these will do it. If your bow is already quiet, you may not even notice the difference.

I currently have them on my bow, but I dont plan on using them on my new strings when i replace them this week.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Put some cat wiskers on your new bow. They will last forever and do a better job of quieting your bow.

The leeches will rip in half in no time.
hm im not sure ive ever heard of or seen these anywhere? could you explain to me what they are?

They make your bow quieter, no one will argue that.More of a personal preference thing. You will loose speed, but if you want quieter, these will do it. If your bow is already quiet, you may not even notice the difference.

I currently have them on my bow, but I dont plan on using them on my new strings when i replace them this week.
well my bow now is at about 315 fps, and i think i could sacrifice a few fps to make it a little quieter. from what im seeing on here though, theyre kind of a waste of money.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

well my bow now is at about 315 fps, and i think i could sacrifice a few fps to make it a little quieter. from what im seeing on here though, theyre kind of a waste of money.
Congrats, its hard to achieve IBO speeds, especialy on a hunting bow. No peep, no d-loop. Heck those would be some light arrows too.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Congrats, its hard to achieve IBO speeds, especialy on a hunting bow. No peep, no d-loop. Heck those would be some light arrows too.
i love my bow, its my favorite bow that ive ever shot anywhere! if you got the money, id check out a fred bear "the truth 2"
Old 03-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I dont think he meant to say its shooting 315 with his set-up, just the fact he got a new bow that has a IBO of 315... Just bad wording...

Oh and cat whiskers are the well... whisker looking things on a bow...

Quick Reply: guys with string leeches

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.