Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should I buy a bow online?? >

Should I buy a bow online??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should I buy a bow online??

Old 03-15-2008, 06:02 AM

Default RE: Should I buy a bow online??

if you want to try to buy a bow online try huntersfriend.com . ive bought two from there they set it up and you get a good package deal. you also keep factory warrinty
Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not I! I have to have that bow in my hand to see how it feels 1st before I pay for something.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never had a real problem there. Your taking a chance, can you afford it? Up to you.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:51 AM

I've never purchased any bows off of AT, but I have purchased 3 bows off of eBay before with no problems. At least with eBay and Paypal, you usually have a recourse in action if something goes bad. Never had to deal with that, so I don't know how much of a PIA it is to get something corrected.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:23 AM

Thanks everyone for their input. I've enjoyed shooting the Katera, Drenalin, and my darkhorse is the BlackIce- everything feels right with that bow. Another question - Will I get better service from Diamond than Bowtech? I drove 55min on Thurs to my nearest Bowtech shop(24.8mi-yeah right). They sold Bowtech, Mathews, PSE, Bear, Martin, Sims. The dealer said they could never any service from Bowtech- very slow and when parts showed up - they were often wrong. Pretty much dissuaded me form anything from their line. I was wanting to shoot an 82nd due to the advice /hype on this board, but not real concerned about it now.

On AT there is a new (tags on 2008) Black Ice for $520TYD. Also have seen a few '07s in the $400 range.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: vadeersticker

if you want to try to buy a bow online try huntersfriend.com . ive bought two from there they set it up and you get a good package deal. you also keep factory warrinty
I watch this site all the time. It really looks like they have a good thing going on.

I bought my Diamond Victory off of Ebay. I did my homework on it before I bought it. I didn't shoot it, but I held one and looked it over at my local BPS. All in all, I think I got a great deal. I payed $325 for the thing and it was brand new. There are some great deals to be had if you know what you're looking for.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

I buy online alot and I have had no problems.I ask for specific pictures of areas on the bowwhere I know problems may exist.Just make sure you tried that make and model in your hand before you buy.No warranties unless authorized.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:47 AM

I recently bought a nice, used Guardian online. The bow was "as described" and the price was fair.

I won't get too long winded here, but in the end it cost me as much to buy a good, stripped down, used bow ('07 model) and have set up for me as it would've to get a new one from the get-go. Plus, I don't have a warranty. Live and learn I guess.

I think it depends on how experienced you are as to whether buying online is good for "you" or not.

Chris
Old 03-15-2008, 10:55 AM

Well just checked back on the AT forum and it is lit up. Somebody just got ripped off. He;s being blacklisted- but still not worth it. Just ordered a Katera from the neighborhood shop- should be here in a week. Can't wait!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:12 PM

[align=left]i bought a Diamond Black Ice off Ebay from an authorized dealer...fill out my warranty card sent it back to Diamond and all is well. I went to Cabelas near my home first and shot the Black Ice, got a feel for etc first to make sure thats what I wanted. I got it for $480 off ebay and I think at cabelas its was $650 + tax. do your homework if you choose online
[/align][align=center] [/align]

Quick Reply: Should I buy a bow online??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.