Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THINKING RAGE

Old 03-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: THINKING RAGE

bowhunter1984, Sure some mechs are feeble but I wouldn't worry about the Rage 2 blade being on the fragile side! I killed a doe this year, busted ribs going in and out, stuck into a tree, no problems! Cleaned it up, sharpened it and back in the quiver it went! I was a bit worried as I never used a mech head before and was against it, until I actually used the head, I was VERY impressed as well as countless other hunters who use them! All you can do is give em' a try! Good luck!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

There are a lot of quality heads out there today. I am not fond of mechanicals because I prefer my Broadheads to cut on impact instead of open. Mechanicals also tend to be on the fragile side.

Dan
Having shot Rocket Hammerheads for 5 years, I would agree that they were fragile. Pretty much one shot and pitch it.

But the Rage are a pretty tuff BH. I shot a doe and a buck with the same head last year. I resharpened it and it is #1 in my quiver, with a Turkeys name on it this spring.

Dan, I know your not against progress, because you shoot a Bowtech.I feel the Rage is the natural progression of broadheads. Different, but Better too.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

In the new issue of Bowhunting World, Chuck Adams has a great article on arrow penetration. In that article he gives very high marks to the Rage broadheads. He says that he harvested all his 2007 animals with the Rage's which is probably at least double digits. His endorsement is good enough for me.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rage gets my vote - the entrance look similiar to someone throwing a hatchet- big entrance and big exit
Old 03-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Muzzy 3 blade and i love how they perform, BUT im going with Rage 2 blades this year, from everyones advice the blood trail is amazing.. Thats how i like it! So all you can do is try it and hope for the best.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got the NAPGobbler Getters loaded for Turkeys because of obvious reasons. I've shot ST's on Deer sized and above game since 03. They fly Super, Tough as Steel (they are steel), and do Unbelievable Damage. I have not had to track a Deer since switching to them. If I saw any advantage to a Mechanical then I might be willing to take the risk again. I do Know that anything that has moving parts will and can foul up. Murphy stays way too close to me for me to take that chance, andfor What?? I'm not against change, but I want to feel like I'm improving something. Not risking something. They were a good seller last year, and from a dealer standpoint that's good.

Dan
Old 03-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Based on your ideas on moving parts, Dan....you might as well be shooting traditional gear. Less moving parts ya know???? Or....has technology gotten past some of the ridiculous notions of years past?

I don't know what you have against these heads.....but you always seem to jump into these (RAGE) threads spewing negativity towards mechanicals.

Tell ya what.....I'll show you an undoctored photo of a RAGE shot doe. Then you show me one of yours.

Here's mine.......whatya got???

Old 03-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't think I mentioned Rage in my previous post.Like I said if I saw any advantage to a mechanical I would use one since I deal with almost every Broadhead made. I think the advantages of a compound is pretty obvious to me.[8D]

Impressive post Jeff! Maybe I'll change my mind after I hunt for 3 years

Dan
Old 03-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't have any luck with rage broadheads, in fact the only rage I had was my temper, hit bone both times. Bent the tip on both broadheads. But if I ever shot a deer a little far back I would want the rage on the end of my arrow. I have seen the damage it can do and its grusome. Its the best bad shot broadhead on the market if its not bone.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Post up your photos, Dan. How many years experience does it take to see the absolute MASSIVE damage these heads inflict?

Nice attempt at a cut on me to bolster your argument.

Nothing you say changes the fact that these heads are real trauma inducers. Let's see photos of what the heads you endorse are doing.....to see how they compare.

Quick Reply: THINKING RAGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.