Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Still dealing with Kisser issues!!! >

Still dealing with Kisser issues!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Still dealing with Kisser issues!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:30 AM

Default RE: Still dealing with Kisser issues!!!

I already planned on it Dan, I will try the ones I used to use and if they fail, you will hear from me!!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wis Bow Hunter, when I bought the bow at the shop we went through 4 kissers in about 6 shots! They were blowing right off the string. I found that the really soft ones work better that the hard plastic ones. I really don't mind loosing a few fps if I can hit where Im aiming. I am used to it and I shoot better with it.
Something is going on that shouldn't be. Makes me wonder if the string has too much overtravel and slams the kisser into the riser or rest on every shot. There is no other reason for kissers to break like that. Make sure your axle to axle and brace height measurments are close to factory spec. Also, you might try shooting some heavier arrows and see if it helps the service life of your kissers or, if going to a heavier arrow is just too repugnant for you,get one ofMean V's string suppressors.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:41 AM

I put a string suppressor on and will try a new kisser and see what happens.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

I couldn't keep a kisser on my new 70# Marquis. They have to be "right next" to the Bowtech/Diamond string stopper, so just imagine that much energy suddenly coming to a halt and it wasn't any wonder that each one flew off after one or two shots. I found a solution with a Saunders Kiss-XL, which is pretty soft. This kisser has 5 holes near the outer edge, which I used to pass serving string back and forth, through: basically, start around the string below the kisser, then through one hole to the upper side of the kisser, a couple of passes around the bow string, back down through another hole, around the bow string below the kisser, up through another hole.... you get the idea.

That was over 600 shots ago, and the kisser is still in place.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Your kisser buttons shouldn't be breaking like that. Something is wrong. Is it possible that it is hitting something, maybe your rest is too far back, or possibly something on or related to the cable guards. Make sure your nock fit isn't too tight pulling the string way past the brace height.

Saunders makes a soft rubber kisser button.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:08 PM

It did it with my old rest and it does it with my new rest and I have had 3 techs look at it, and they simply say that the bow's speed is causing it to happen, I don't know?? It was fine with a soft kisser button until after about 300 shots. If something is hitting, wouldn't that throw my accuracy off a lot??
Old 03-11-2008, 02:13 PM

Vabowman are you shooting an x force 6 inch brace height just wondering.Still think you ought to give no kisser a whirl
Old 03-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

MeanV, I hear and know what your saying, I am one of those that well I hated it back in 1980 so I refuse to change. But as I am getting older I am also seeing where I may have no choice because I can't shoot with my glass's on and just a kisser because of the way I hold my head but a peep would work with glass's.
VA, I agree something seems amiss because I have the same kisser on my bow for two years now.. Walt
Old 03-11-2008, 02:25 PM

walt if you tried one of those g5 peeps you would be shocked i hated peeps would never use one lost one deer cause of it all white buck about 15 years ago you can see threw those g5 meta peeps in the dark it does not blind you like the others or take light away from your eye these peeps are a huge step forward in technoligy
Old 03-11-2008, 03:04 PM

blackfish, yeh Im still shooting the X Force. The only thing it could be hitting in the cable gaurd slide thingy, the peice that hold the cables to the slide arm.

Quick Reply: Still dealing with Kisser issues!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.