Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fat guy stands

Old 03-10-2008, 06:51 AM

Default RE: fat guy stands

That's it[8D] I cant belive there are not more options then that out there. Come on guys[>:]
Old 03-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Millenium stands are comfortable but if you're a widebody (6'1" 315) like me the seats tend to be a little narrow for us. I love my summit climber but I've started using Ameristep stands, there ladders can't be beat, and the rock/outfitter stands are awesome too!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TerryM

The Summit Goliath climber is great. You can easily spend all day in one, hell I have naps in mine LoL !!!!!!!!!!
I love the Goliath.
I am around 250lb most of the time... Lots of room. Very comfortable.
I also have several Big Game lock ons that fit me pretty good. Rated up to 300lb.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Chippewa:

Here
Old 03-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

BobCO, good call for sure on Chippewas. I'm 6'10" and 350(+). I have checked out the Chippewas and come very close to buying one. They are definetely made for big guys, both in platform and seat. I use a Summit Goliath currently and love it. VERY comfortable and stable. If I were to do it again, I would get the Goliath, or even the 180 Max, which is even bigger. Can't go wrong with either. Between the 180 Max and the Chippewa you will need to get out your wallet, but they are both worth every cent!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:49 PM

I'm 6'5" and a slender 250 right now, but I used to weigh around 280. I use and Ameristep climber. It was the only one I could find with a 300# capacity. It is too narrow and uncomfortable to sit in for very long, but it gets the job done and I can get it thru thick brush where a bigger stand would be impossible. I have learned to live with it.

Face it, you are a big guy, and big guys have some things to deal with that the surrounding hobbits do not understand. We will never own small cars that get 40mpg, we will never be comfortable on an airplane, turnstiles hit us in the groin[:@], we will never go to a regular store and buy clothes or shoes, the bed will never be quite big enough, and for some reason, recliners don't last very long.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:10 AM

Face it, you are a big guy, and big guys have some things to deal with that the surrounding hobbits do not understand. We will never own small cars that get 40mpg, we will never be comfortable on an airplane, turnstiles hit us in the groin, we will never go to a regular store and buy clothes or shoes, the bed will never be quite big enough, and for some reason, recliners don't last very long..................very well said Big
Old 03-11-2008, 06:37 PM

checked out the 180 max by summit and like it. Thanks guy
Old 03-11-2008, 06:41 PM

It sounds like you may have found your own niche?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: TerryM

The Summit Goliath climber is great. You can easily spend all day in one, hell I have naps in mine LoL !!!!!!!!!!
Ditto for me.

Quick Reply: fat guy stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.