Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Feeling good..... >

Feeling good.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feeling good.....

Old 03-08-2008, 04:26 PM

Default Feeling good.....

I went to Gander Mt today and shot through the chrono and shot a little at the targets. Everything is all good now, glad I did not sell the X Force. With my adjustments, grip wrap, string tamer, and heavier arrows, I was nocking my knocks off at 25 yds and grouping very well, at 20-25 yds. I know it's not impressive for most on here, but as a bowhunter I can only be satisfied with it. It shot 295 fps with a 365 gr arrow at 73#.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Feeling good.....

Sounds great, VA.....glad you got her dialed in.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

VA what's your draw
Old 03-08-2008, 04:52 PM

26" DL
Old 03-08-2008, 04:53 PM

Thanks GMMAT..
Old 03-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Damn that's fast[8D]
Glad all is well
Old 03-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its good to see you finally got it all figured out there Vab!! There's nothing worse the not being happy with your bow hunting set up. I hate it when I can't figure something out. 95% of the time its usually me and not my equipment. Sounds like you got some speed with that bow too!
Old 03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you and the bow aregetting along now
Old 03-08-2008, 07:14 PM

Thanks guys, to you guys inparticular and a few others. GMMAT, Germ, Schultzy, Meanv2, WVSportsman, Paul, and a few more that slip me right now, but yall really helped a lot more than you will ever know. I was truly unhappy with this bow 3 weeks ago, and now Im satisfied with it. Yeh, I was shocked to see 295 fps myself, I thought it would be around 280 honestly. @ a 26" draw it is so hard to achieve speeds like that, that is why I bought this bow in the first place. I never even heard of it til the day I bought it!! I was old school, with overdraws and light arrows to get this kind of speed, but you guys made me really pick apart certain aspects of archery that I never knew before joining this site. I have learned so much from you guys inparticular, each one of you have taught me something, I owe a huge thanks to you guys. I feel so much more confident now when I draw this bow and shoot. You guys are first class and Im proud to be a part of this froum where you may never meet anyone face to face, but you become friends and share in the ups and downs of all of this. Thanks again guys!!! p.s. and thanks for dealing with my off the wall posts at times tooo...
Old 03-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm Glad the plan came together!!

Dan

Quick Reply: Feeling good.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.