Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners >

D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners

Old 03-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners

I honestly wish I was the only one.....but I kinda figured I wasn't. Some really knowledgeable guys worked on my bow.....and "my" opinion is.....it's a combination of4 things:

1. "Slick" serving material
2. String suppressor
3. Loop Material choice
4. Shooting really light arrows (maybe)

But....we'll see......

This bow will see way fewer arrows shot through it from now on. Another thing that'll probably help with the issue.

Obviously.....it can be fixed with the right loop material (so far). Kinda would be nice to know up front though, huh? I'm sure these 4 other shops aren't thinking they are utilizing inferior "accessories".
Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Its like me complaining to GM that the new belt I bought at AutoZone is squeakin. Should GM now send out a memo to all dealers nationwide, advising them to warn all futurecustomers to not use AutoZone belts? If you think yes to this question, then where would the list stop?
You are right, those shops don't purposely use a product that won't work...but they did none the less. How do these two scenarios differ?

Either way, your advice on BCY seems to be very sound advice. No difference in price, and not one negative complaint on it that I am aware of.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Dominant Buck

T: I don't know.....maybe just tell their customers that they "Suggest" NAPA belts????
Now I'm not blasting Bowtech at all. I'll soon be the owner of three of 'em.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

So people told you, multiple times,after the first one, try BCY. no dice.
Now after your 5th one, you sign in with this epiphamy of using BCY.

I don't see how this could possibly be pinned on Bowtech.

Its like me complaining to GM that the new belt I bought at AutoZone is squeakin. Should GM now send out a memo to all dealers nationwide, advising them to warn all futurecustomers to not use AutoZone belts? If you could possibly think yes to this question, then where would the list stop?
hahaha....I love it!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Only Jeff can have a 7+ page thread about loops He is just trying to help some guys out, he did not complain, he's not whining.
He is simple saying I tried product X it did not work for this bow, but product Z did and letting us know.

Is it really that complicated? Hell I have been hunting for 24 years now and NEVER used a loop. I would have no idea either what to do, if it was not for you guys.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

It's more fun to make fun of someone, Gary.

I'm so mad at Bowtech.....I ordered another one from them, last Tuesday.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

How long did you make your loop, 1/2''?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

My question is are you setting the loop up so that it is straight back before you start drawing or are you trying to turn the string with the loop to get the peep to align?

I set mine up so that my loop is straight and the peep is almost straight and my loop will twist if I try to by hand but since everything is pulling in a straight line,I don't have issues with it turning on me.I also don't tie a loop over and under,mine is below the nock.

BUT,I agree,I have used the bcy and it does not move once tied.

Like this

Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Germ

How long did you make your loop, 1/2''?
Germ,

I like to tie mine as short as possible. I just want enough room to get my release on, like this...........

Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TFOX

My question is are you setting the loop up so that it is straight back before you start drawing or are you trying to turn the string with the loop to get the peep to align?

I set mine up so that my loop is straight and the peep is almost straight and my loop will twist if I try to by hand but since everything is pulling in a straight line,I don't have issues with it turning on me.I also don't tie a loop over and under,mine is below the nock.

BUT,I agree,I have used the bcy and it does not move once tied.

Like this

doesnt that defeat the idea of a string loop? (that is eliminating nock pinch)

Quick Reply: D-Loop Advice for 82nd Airborne owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.