Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Holy **four letter word** Batman!!!! >

Holy **four letter word** Batman!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Holy **four letter word** Batman!!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 04:33 PM

Default Holy **four letter word** Batman!!!!

Thats what I was thinking today after going to the shop and shooting the BowTech 82nd Airborne. I finally had some extra money to drop on a down payment for a new bow and I wanted to shoot the 82nd as I had decided that it was either that bow or the Hoyt Katera XL. First thing I noticed was the InVelvet camo and just how nice it was. I was very pleased to find just how warm it actually kept the riser on the bow. The bows were sitting in the shop which had just opened for business and the heat had been off all night. The shop was a little chilly inside but the riser wasn't cold to the touch! Looking the bow over, I focused on the ShortStop as I have heard some say that it was slightly annoying to see in your sight picture but I didn't notice it when holding the bow at full draw. Next finally came the shooting. The draw cycle was definetly different than my Old Glory! As many have said, it is a pleasure to draw right up to the end of the draw cycle where the weight really stacks on. I have heard alot of guys down play this, but I really noticed a large increase in weight right before the cam broke over into the let-off. It wasn't a "rough" draw, just not a super smooth draw force curve like my Old Glory had! I was very pleasently suprised at the lack of handshock, it had a very slight buzz to it, but this was without any accessories and I am sure that a good stabilizer will take all of that away. It also isn't the quietest bow that I have shot either, I would say that it was slightly quieter than my Old Glory (bare bow)but not as quiet as my buddies Guardian. One thing is for sure, that bow SCREAMS and it REALLY burries the arrows into the target. I was shooting 28" Easton Axis out of it and they were going fletching deep into the target. All in all I really liked the bow, I couldn't see using it to shooting targets or 3-D courses with the 70# limbs, but for hunting it is a perfect fit. After all was said and done I stood in the shop looking at the Katera XL on the wall and the 82nd Airborne in my hand and I placed my order...

2008 BowTech 82nd Airborne 29" draw length 60-70# limbs Realtree APG HD custom camo. The bow should be at the shop in around 2 weeks and I couldn't be happier. I will probablly end up shooting the bow at around 60-62# for awhile until I can get back into the swing of shooting and then gradually move up from there. I guess I should carry the label of a "BlowTech Junkie"
Old 03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Holy **four letter word** Batman!!!!

Thats cool! The 82nd is sweet for sure. I cant wait to get my 101.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:33 PM

Its an awesome bow. congrats and good luck with whatever you use it for, cant wait to get my Generalor Guardian
Old 03-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

They sure can win guys hearts! I shot winter indoor 3D leagues tonight, after my friend and I shoot, a Hoyt shop comes in and shoots after us, the one guy wanted to shoot my 82nd, he fell in love....

Oh, and I shot 32 up with my 82nd, yeah they can shoot.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good review BuckMagnet. You're the second person to say that the draw is more suitable for hunting than 3d. I feel the opposite because in 3d you can let down and not focus on a smooth even draw that is not going to attract attention. For hunting I think it would be more difficult because you have to draw slowly to not move to quickly and if you have to let down you have to be able to do that slow as well which I couldn't see doing with the 82nd.

I was pleasantly surprised by its draw, but I couldn't see hunting with it. Good luck with it, it is a great bow. I can't wait to see what they do next year.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see Jeff's(GMMat's) yesterday at a 3-d shoot - they are super fast but not for me- but definitely a well made fast bow
Old 03-03-2008, 06:07 PM

Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to getting it and tinkering around with it. I really like the new grips, a big improvement from the factory grip on my 06 Old Glory. I really can't wait to see the RealTree APG HD camo on the bow, I hope that it really makes the bow stand out!

Bry, I see where your comming from with your comments, but I was thinking that my problem would come from the draw cycle wearing my arm out quicker, not so much making it harder to draw once. I will definetly update everybody with my feelings after I have been shooting it for awhile.

As far as my accessories go, here is what I am thinking...

Sword Apex Micro 3rd Plane sight
Vapor Trail Limb Driver rest
11" Octane Stabilizer
Octane 1 piece quiver
Paradox Pro Sling Elite wrist sling
Scott Sabertooth release
Jim Fletcher Tru Peep peep sight
27.75" Carbon Express CX 300's with Bohning Blazers
Rocket Stricknine broadheads
BowTech Soft Bow Case

It should be a sweet shooter!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't notice that much of a difference in Draw than my 07 Ally was with speed mods. You are right they will Smoke an arrow. This oughta whet your appetite.

Dan

Old 03-03-2008, 06:37 PM

Hay Buck Magnet, I have the realtree ADG in HD on my General and it is sweet A little harder to find matching stuff for it but worth it.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:45 PM

Thanks Dan, thats exactly what I need, something else to drive me nuts while waiting for my bow to come in!

cjohnson, I am glad to hear that you like the APG on your General. I havn't seen any APG HD BowTechs in person, but I like the pattern and it should help my bow stand out.

Quick Reply: Holy **four letter word** Batman!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.