Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 G5 meta peep users reply within... >

G5 meta peep users reply within...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 meta peep users reply within...

Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default G5 meta peep users reply within...

I have the 1/4" and in lower light conditions, my groups spread out more. Let meexplain a little...

The way I shoot is I center my circular pinguard inside the peep. I noticed that when shooting indoors (obviously in poorer light) that the outline of the peep is harder to see so my groups are not as good. It's almost as if the wall of the peep is too thin when there's not enough light and it (the peep)blurrs when I'm trying to focus on it. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:01 PM

Default RE: G5 meta peep users reply within...

Most likely what you are encountering is the beveled edge of the meta peep. G5 bevels the inside edge so that if the peep isn't perfectly square, you can still see through it. You know what I'm talking about......it's those times when the string twists just ever so slightly. W/ that beveled edge, you can still see through it.

Second, I'm not a fan of the 1/4"....it's just too gosh darn big. Too much slop. The 3/16 is about perfect and honestly, there's very little difference in light between the two.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:01 PM

Haven't had this problem, but haven't shot too much with mine yet. If the outline of your peep is too light for your likings, color it black with a sharpie. Should make it darker, but idk how this would help in situations where it is already dark outside.[&:]
Old 03-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

Second, I'm not a fan of the 1/4"....it's just too gosh darn big.
I agree...i would go with a smaller one as well. I have never had the problems that you are talking about...
Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most likely what you are encountering is the beveled edge of the meta peep. G5 bevels the inside edge so that if the peep isn't perfectly square, you can still see through it. You know what I'm talking about......it's those times when the string twists just ever so slightly. W/ that beveled edge, you can still see through it.
I know about the beveled edge but don't understand if that is the problem then why? I have a tube style aligner on there so my peep is always square.

You know, it's probably the case that poorer lighting just blurs any sized peep altogether. What I mean by this is that if I'm shooting outdoors, I can see the entire outline of my peep very clearly. -meaningoutside diameter and inside diameter edges.When I'm indoors, it blurs and the walls thickness of the peep seems to thin out so it's sloppier and harder tocenter with the pinguard.

Anyone else notice that indoor groups are not as good as outdoor groups regardless of what size or what brand of peep you're using?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:18 PM
N2D

Nope not at all. I shoot with both eyes open and it works great for me. Ialso center the sight ring in the peep but do not concentrate on it as much as putting the pin where it needs to be. Also the blue ring seems to help as well. I do not know why but it does.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM

I shoot a 3/16 meta peep, w/out an aligner, and can tell zero difference inside or out.

That beveled edge isn't a nice, crisp sharp edge like the other peeps, which could possibly be why you can't see that edge clearly in lower light. I don't know, just throwing out a possibility.

Do I understand that you are using a Meta Peep WITH a peep aligner?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmm maybe if I try explaining a little differently...

My round pinguard appears just a tad smaller than my peep when aiming. This produces 3 different sized circles that I can actually seewith good clarity innatural sunlight- the outside perimeter of the peep, the inside perimeter of the peep, and the pinguard. Because the pinguard is just a tad bit smaller than the inside perimeter of the peep, I center the pinguard inside the peep. I'm then anchored and aim and shoot.

When shooting indoors, it's more difficult to see both the inside and outside perimeters of the peep making it harder to center with the pinguard. Also, because of the poorer lighting, the inside perimeter seems to get bigger which produces slop in my sight picture when trying to center the pinguard inside the inside perimeter of the peep.

I'm thinking this just has something to do with light diffraction and nothing can help it. Have I completely lost everyone? LOL sorry, thanks for trying to understand though.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah mobow, I cut a regular tube style peep in half and used the nipple end to put above the G5 which makes for a pretty nifty aligner.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM
N2D

Now I understand what you are trying to say. It seems to me like you would have more problems in bright sunlight but I do understand. It sounds like you may want to go one size smaller and give that a try.

Quick Reply: G5 meta peep users reply within...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.