Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Axis FMJ arrows

Old 03-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Axis FMJ arrows

Who uses them for bowhunting?

I am thinking of getting the .300 spine.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:30 PM

Default RE: Axis FMJ arrows

Germ....are you losing your vision? Rhinos baby! I wanna see the KE you get out of them with the Elite.....

Old 03-02-2008, 10:24 PM

"Suburbia: Where they tear out the trees and name streets after them."

LOL! I just moved out from the "hood" into a nice sub-division and now live on MapleridgeDrive.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:31 PM

I use them and really like them, Germ.

Heavy and durable... They definitely pack a punch.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I use them and really like them, Germ.

Heavy and durable... They definitely pack a punch.
X2

They will blow thru anything. I use the 340 spine. I think my arrow is about 460 gr.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got some, the 2 I'v been trying are very consistant. The jacket does draw across a rest like an aulminum one, kind of screechy, but not as bad. Near as I can tell apart from the weight is that the fmj has the aluminum on the outside of the shaft and the acc has it on the inside. I think you should try both. I haven't noticed that much of a difference in punch. Does make the string a lower sounding twang, that's a good thing. 300, I wonder how much more weight that adds to an already heavy pack job in and out? If ya add up such things.

The insert is kind of weird. The end of the shaft isn't protected by it, it's cramed up inside of it. I did shoot one twice into a target without a head and it showed no damage.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:47 AM

I just got some for next season. I got the .340 spine and they are spined perfectly for my Vectrix at 68 lbs 29"DL and they finish out right at 481 grains.

If you get the .300 spine, you'd better put a pretty heavy tip or weighted inserts on the front or it will probably be overspined.

O yea, get the camo ones, they look sweet! lol
Old 03-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thx guys
I think after looking at the chart I am going to get .340

Bols the Safari are the heavy ones 15.5 GPI
Old 03-03-2008, 07:07 AM

Ever decide on whether you were going topick upa Hostage Pro for this yearor not?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I've used them for a few years now. I love them. I've killed three of my ten this year with the same arrow and broad head. It's still good and plan on using the same one next year for a few more kills. I only ruined one arrow because of a screwed up shot. Clipped a rock in my from landscaping. Ooops forgot that the darn thingwas there. Arrow veered off course a little, sheered off a blade on the broad head but stuck the deer in the hind qtr. Left him lay overnight and found him dead in the morning 100 yrds away. The little stinkerbent the arrow when he pulled it out.

Quick Reply: Axis FMJ arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.