Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peep sight or not? >

Peep sight or not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
76.00%
NO
24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Peep sight or not?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peep sight or not?

I stopped using a peep sight two years ago. I feel more comfortable without using one, but am concerned about my accuracy out past 30 yards since I feel my accuracy is not as good without one. Luckily the last 5 deer I have taken with my bow were within 25 yards. I just don't want to get a good looking shot at 33 yards and not feel comfortable taking it because of my accuracy when it could be improved with a peep of some sort. Anyone else not use one? I feel I need a bigger sight picture than most people and feel kind of too tight with such a small window of a peep sight....anyone have a solution?
Old 02-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep sight or not?

how do you even shoot without one?
Old 02-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i feel way more comfortable and confident useing one. virginia are you closing one eye when you shoot ? just trying to understand the bigger sight picture
Old 02-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

Virginiashadow

I've used a no peep for the last 6 years and have just started to shoot with the new peep out called The String Splitter. I'm trying this peep out due to it's enlarged triangle hole which enables me to see well into the darkness that covers us earlier while on stand in the bush. I've just started to use it and will know in a few weeks on it's capabilities and acuracey. My no peep took lots of practice and I wasacurate out to 50 yards shooting in the dusk darkness to 50 yards. I just wanted to tighten my groups for some 3d shoots plus continue to ue the new peep on for hunting season.The peep I mention should give you the field of vision your looking for for the added assurance of acruacy.
Good Luck And Shoot Straight
Rocky
Old 02-29-2008, 05:20 PM
N2D

I don't know if you have tried it or not, but I highly suggest the meta peep. There are several different sizes to choose from. The larger ones around 1/4" to 5/16" are great. You will stillget the effect and accuracy of a peep and still be able to see in poor litght conditions. I realize that what works for one person may not work for another but it sure works for me. Also, they are light and the speed loss is nill.

Ed
Old 02-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I practiced shooting without a peep for a while and actually got pretty good with it. Groups at 25 were the same as whenI had a 1/4" peep. I too got worried about longer yardages. When I'm practicing and relaxed it's one thing. I can take my time and find my anchor and all that. In a stressed situation, I'd like to be able to depend on something that cannot change without my notice. I now shoot a 1/4" G5 meta peep and have zero problems seeing though it at dawn or dusk.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

how do you even shoot without one?
Exactly... I mean, shooting a bow without a peep? You gotta be kidding me!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

I used to never use any thing but a single pin. Consistent anchor point was everything. Then I got hot and heavy into bowfishing. Form goes right out the window with bowfishing, not to mention my bowfishing bow and hunting bows all had different draw lengths.

Now it's the Hind Sight all the way! I know not everybody can handle one, but I love mine.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:13 PM

I shoot with one
Old 02-29-2008, 06:19 PM

No-peep sight for me ! I'm shooting both eyes open and i'm going to buy the "No-Peep" to help me having a better anchor point!

Francis

Quick Reply: Peep sight or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.