Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Red Shirts"

Old 02-28-2008, 08:56 PM

Default RE: "Red Shirts"

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Awesome post yet kind of wierd too.

Yesterday I worea red BowTech hoodie that I had just gotten. However, before I wore it I asked my step daughter if it looked o.k. on mebecause I own absolutely nothing red...I mean nothing...

Now I wish I had it with me so I could wear it tomorrow...

God Bless our Troops!
Pat, nothing could help you look good brother. [8D] J/K bro.

And Kyle, thanks for posting that.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yesterday I worea red BowTech hoodie that I had just gotten. However, before I wore it I asked my step daughter if it looked o.k. on mebecause I own absolutely nothing red...I mean nothing...

God Bless our Troops!
I think I'll wear mine!

Dan
Old 02-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

I got this in my e-mail for the first time on the 14th of July 2007, and at least 6 times since!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:11 PM

Kyle - I thank you for this article and I am pleased with the responses you have recieved before mine. I see Vabowman is confused as are many Americans.He only needs to realize when he wakes up every morning and doesn't feel fear of harm to know the answer to his question. We tend to take ourliberties for granted. I served in and retired from the US Army in 1996. Though I trained for it my whole adult life; I never set foot on hostile soil yet my own 21 year old son is in Afghanistan as I write this note. Sir, I will be in red tomorrow and all Fridays to come!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bols

God Bless our Troops!
Pat, nothing could help you look good brother. [8D] J/K bro.

And Kyle, thanks for posting that.

True that but you see, you need to thoroughly read my post...I said "did it look o.k. on me", not "I look good in red"...
Old 02-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see so many replys, and supporters. You can bet I'll be wearing red in support of the troops (including my cousin)!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

While we haven't desiganted all fridays, up here in Canada we have had several rallies organized where everyone in attendace wears red in support of our troops.
Back to Vabowman's comment, yes, you can support the troops and not the war. Very few Canadians support the war, but the vast majority will tell you that they support our troops. Recently we renamed a stretch of one of the heaviest travelled roads in North America the "Highway of Heroes" because our fallen soldiers travel it between CFB Trenton and our forensics centre in toronto. Each fallen sodier that travels this stretch is greeted by supporters and emergency vehicles with all their lights flashing on the overpasses.
Here's a link:
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_14055.aspx
Old 02-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah this things been around since the desert strorm days..the stories a typical sap story probably created at someones desk.

I always give gratitude to the Troops.. Because I feel it, not cuz a sappyemail said it was the hip thing to do!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Its a shame that I wasn't able to read this earlier. I am sitting at work on Friday morning and the only red that I have on is some lettering. I am going to from now on though.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank God for our Men and Women in the armed forces. Pray for them daily and also for their families who are struggling to make a living without them.

Quick Reply: "Red Shirts"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.