Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When is enough?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default When is enough?

In your opinion, at what price is it just too much to pay someone to hunt a whitetail for a week. With the economy the way it is you would think outfitter, and land lease costswould level out a little. Guess not, someone must be paying the 3-4,000 to hunt.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:02 AM

Default RE: When is enough?

JUST ME, BUT I WOULDN'T PAY TO HUNT. I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH THAT I HAVE SEVERAL FARMS I HUNT AROUND THE STATE OF WV. EVEN IF I DIDN'T, WV HAS SO MUCH PUBLIC LAND WITH MONSTER WHITETAILS ON IT ANY WAYS. JUST HAVE TO REALLY WORK FOR THEM IN THE COAL FIELDS OF WV. I SAW ONE BUCK OVER 130 LAST YEAR, BUT NEVER CAME CLOSER THAN 50 YARDS HAD TO LET IT WALK. WHAT MADE IT EVEN BETTER, I CHECKED THE O'L TRAIL CAM AND IT WALKED BY MY STAND ABOUT 20 MINUTES AFTER I LEFT[:@]
Old 02-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think there is a limit to charge people..it's free enterprise. Some just want land and opportunity..that can be had in the $500-$2000 range

Some want promises and those come at higher $$. The more you want, the more you'll pay. Can't really blame the guy selling $20K hunts if someones buying them.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me....IF I had the money to book a hunt....probably 2K. I have hunted public land 99% of the time over the last 15 years and if I had a shot to hunt a monster whitetail in Iowa when I get a little older and do not have children to raise, I am going to do it.

Brett
Old 02-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Land values are going to continue to skyrocket, because they aren't making any more of it, so supply and demand is alive and well in that regard. I think what may happen is more people may not spend the money on a hunt because there is such a high chance not filling your tag, so that $5000 hunt looks REAL expensive if you come home empty handed. I would be way off base here, but it something that I think about. We went up to Ontario and whitetail hunted this past year, wortst trip of my life from start to finish, but we only paid $800 for it, so it didn't sting too bad wallet-wise. If I went ona trip that was WAY more expensive and had the same experience, I would need some therapy and probably be in jail for doing unspeakable things to the outfitter.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a subject that I am concerned about. My fear is that someday hunting might be a rich mans sport. I am a businessman and understand that the business of hunting is driven by suppy and demand. When you ask how much,the answer is, what are people willing to pay? One thing we can do is protect the federal, state, county lands that we have now. Another thing we can dois encourage morequality deer management on these lands. Lets face it, ifwe had a legitamate chance to take a p&y deer on public land the price of hunts on private land should come down.Also if I buy land and equipment to put in food plots then invest a lot of time managing my property, how much am I paying to hunt? Maybe 2000 - 4000 for a guided hunt is cheap!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: midwestxpress

In your opinion, at what price is it just too much to pay someone to hunt a whitetail for a week. With the economy the way it is you would think outfitter, and land lease costswould level out a little. Guess not, someone must be paying the 3-4,000 to hunt.
Can I ask a question? What is wrong with an economy where 95% people are working?

It's an election year, if you can afford it and want to do it, go for it.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

hopefully i will never have to worry about paying to hunt
Old 02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Banned

In your opinion, at what price is it just too much to pay someone to hunt a whitetail for a week.
Labor or farm help is all I would give for hunting privileges. Cut a guy a load of firewood but under no circumstances give cash. Leasing land and paying for hunting with cash is a bad idea IMO and is ruining hunting.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

In your opinion, at what price is it just too much to pay someone to hunt a whitetail for a week.
Labor or farm help is all I would give for hunting priveleges. Cut a guy a load of firewood but under no circumstances give cash. Leasing land and paying for hunting with cash is a bad idea IMO and is ruining hunting.

Exactly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.