Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Illinois Deer Classic was a Blast!(Pics) >

Illinois Deer Classic was a Blast!(Pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Deer Classic was a Blast!(Pics)

Old 02-24-2008, 07:21 PM

Default Illinois Deer Classic was a Blast!(Pics)

First of all I want to say for those of you that Didnt get to go to the Illinois Deer classic you missed out. It was a lot of fun. I got to meet up with a lot of HNI guys. We met with all the Bowtech guys first, then caught Bols eyeing up a Bowtech that he was afraid to shoot cuz he knew he would want one. We talked for a while and shot the bull, then we checked out the deer display, which I'm sure only got better over the rest of the day saturday and today! We alos meet up with all the WKP guys and talked to them for a while. Overall tho i had a Blast!

I would also like to thank Bowtech and Pat(Bowtech Shooter) for the brand new bow we won! Me and Mo Bowhnter were the first HNI members there Saturday morning, so we won a new bow and since Matt already has 2 Bowtechs I got it. I will make it my target bow or bow target.[&:] One of the two. Anyway thanks again!

Here is the Bowtech Gang from right to left. Greg/MO, Dan(Meanv2), Pat(Bowtech Shooter), Myself, and Mo Bowhnter.

Here is me and Byron Ferguson!

Here is a pair of locked bucks...

Here is one of the biggest bucks I have ever seen!

and what he scored...
Old 02-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Deer Classic was a Blast!(Pics)

Ya should have been there today, it was even better.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Ya should have been there today, it was even better.
I'm sure it was! By the time we got to the display it was around 10am and they were still scoring and displaying a lot of deer. I'm sure it was empty compared to today!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where was them locked up bucks from??
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Chasebaker

Where was them locked up bucks from??
I dont remember where in IL they were from sorry. It was pretty crowded and hard enughto get aclear pic of them.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

I had a great time too.

Man how hot was Pat Reeves girl friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep great meeting with everyone that stoped by the booth, I just wish we would have more time to talk!! Me and hunting buddy and cameraman went over to the bowtech booth and I shot all the new bows!!! Man what a mistake because that 101st felt really good in my hands!!My buddy Steve also won the first bow that they gave away!! He was super happy he walked all the way over two buildins to get it!!!!! Walt
Old 02-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

If only Greg, Dan, and Pat knew they were hanging around with a couple convicts congrats on winning the bow great pics. i love those locked bucks with the field photos.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like i missed out
Old 02-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was a good time. It was good to catch up with Pat and Greg again. I must have been there after MOmightymite as Pat said he had already given a few bows away. But he did say he had left the golden bow! Whatever that meant? Somebody deffinatly needs to post up there new bows now that the classic is over!! They are sweet!!

I met up with Todd at the WKP booth. Finally got to meet in him in person this year. Deffinatly good to meet you man. I know we have talked off and on for a couple of years in emails, but it was good to just shake your hand! I haven't made it through the whole DVD yet, but what I have made it through has been great. Sorry stickbow, but you weren't at the booth when I swung by. Maybe next time.

As usual, I found Christine...but she was running around. I just happened across her after the guys at her booth said she was out loafing!!!

I did see another dude on the phone that had an HNI hat on, but I didn't want to bug somebody that was on the phone. And it wasn't either of the guys above.

I didn't get too many trophy photos this year, as that room was so packed while I was there and it was hotter than hot. I made a quick loop and exited.

I will never go on a Saturday morning again. This was the first time I had and it was nuts. I will wait until later on Saturday or Sunday from now on!!

Quick Reply: Illinois Deer Classic was a Blast!(Pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.