Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Binoculars..I need some >

Binoculars..I need some

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Binoculars..I need some

Old 02-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Binoculars..I need some

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Matt,they have a pair of 10 power as well and I know they were better than the 1000 dollar Nikons a friend used.I have looked at targets with both and the Optilogics were better.

But give them all a try and get the ones you like,just remember that you will be looking at targets and looking for lines,some just seem to be better at this than looking over a 1000 yard field at game.
So you are saying OptiLogic's instead?

I know I looked through the Nikons I mentioned today at a 3D shoot and they really were nice. I can get the Nikons, regulat MSRP $399 for like $270.

PM me if you want to, I just really need some good glass.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

i myself am planing on purchasing some $40.00 Bushnell 12 X ...42ish.... from the local wallly world, i hope there good enough, but you know Matt, they have to be better than what i got...
Hey, that exactely what I did last year and let me tell ya, I regret that very much. I don't even know where to begin, everything about them is bad. They aren't even worth taking into the woods, you won't be able to use them much, if there is any moisture in the air, they will fog right up so bad. Just another piece of crap I bought from WalMart. I pretty much quit buying there junk and haven't looked back.

trust me, save your $40.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the advice hillbilly. i might do some shopping around this week also
Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

Your welcome, I hate to see someone make my mistake again.

They are so bad, I didn't take them with me on one hunt all year. I TRIED to use them this summer and a few times around the house this fall and winter but thats about it, I should have taken them back.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

The Nikon Monarchs are good glass for the money and come with a 25 year warranty. I love mine (10x42) but man those retractable (scew-type) eye cups on them are junk IMO. They're nice when they are working but I've sent my binos in 2 times in the past 3 years (I've had them about 4 years)and I'm going to have to send them in again this year after shed season is over. The first problem was that the ball bearing detent fell out, the second time they fell off my pass. seat and an eye cup cracked (my fault, but they fixed it), but now again it seams a detent has fallen out so the eye cup is free to rotate off the cylinder.

Anybody else with Nikons have as much trouble as me with the eye cups?

(Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread)
Old 02-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you have looked through them and like them then you won't be making a mistake but the 12's are not necessary with a good bino.

There should be some place to try out the optilogics around you because they are based in Tn if my memory is correct.

I personally would be leary of buying binos I haven't tried so if you can't find any then the ones you are looking at are probably best.

My advice is to try and find some to check out and see for yourself,then get what you like.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

TFOX, I honestly feel that IF I do buy the Nikons, it will be money well spent. They were as clear as can be, and magnify REALLY well. I thought that they would be hard to hold still but that wasn't the case at all.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell permafocus are great....you dont have to worry about focusing them!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alpen makes a 8x50 that are very nice.Price is right and they have a great product. www.alpenoutdoor.com
Old 02-25-2008, 11:38 AM

More important for the type of use you're going to be doing is to get more light rather than more power. In poor lighting (in the woods) it's going to be critical to get more light on the subject to see lines than to get more magnification. The human eye can dialate to 7mm so you want an objective lense in a multiple of about 7x's the magnification for maximum light gathering ie.) 8x56 or 7x49. 10x70's would be awesome but you aren't going to carry them around your neck for long! Glass is one place in the world where you definitely get what you pay for. I wouldn't waste my money on anything less than $800 but I might spend upward of literally 8 hours in a 16 hour day of brown bear hunting looking through them. I love my Leupold Golden Rings but for what you're using them for you would probably be more than happy with the Wind Rivers in the $300-400 price range.

I'm a HUGE fan of Leupold and the fact that they have a lifetime, no questions asked warranty and are in the US. I've sent my binos in for a full tear down and rebuild after they spent a night in the saltwater and had them back 10 days later like new. I found a 1-4 vari-II scope in a river and sent it in for a full tear down and lense replacement and had it back in 3 weeks like new and it only cost me the price of the lenses (about $80). My friend sent his Swaro's back to Austria to have them realigned and didn't see them again for 8 months!

Quick Reply: Binoculars..I need some

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.