Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Binoculars..I need some >

Binoculars..I need some

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Binoculars..I need some

Old 02-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Binoculars..I need some

I have a pair of Ziess 8x42 I use for deer hunting small, crystral clear around $250
Old 02-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Optilogic has some of the best 3-d binos I have ever seen and I have looked through some that cost over a $1000 and it would be almost impossible to find better in that price range.

I am not sure but I believe leupold might make them.

If those are more than you want to spend,I did see a real decent pair of Leupold's at D icks that I glassd some target with and they were very nice for around a 100 bucks.

Just make sure you get a pair that are legal for your venue,ASA doesn't care what power you use but Ibo has an 8.5 power limit.

http://store.opti-logic.com/8x42.html
I don't plan on shooting any IBO venues at the moment.

I'm leaning towards the Nikon Monarch ATB 12x56's, Black. A guy I shoot with has some of these, and they are all I'll ever need.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i myself am planing on purchasing some $40.00 Bushnell 12 X ...42ish.... from the local wallly world, i hope there good enough, but you know Matt, they have to be better than what i got...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

i myself am planing on purchasing some $40.00 Bushnell 12 X ...42ish.... from the local wallly world, i hope there good enough, but you know Matt, they have to be better than what i got...
Yeah when we shot last month those 1x10's were really working for ya! [8D].

The way I see it, as much time and money as I'm putting into this, I might as well get some good glass.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've thought the same, but cant bring myself to do it, maybe somehting like the 100.00 ones TFOX was talking about i could go with, idk yet, Idid buyme a hep quiver...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

Just go to your local Pawn Shop they always have good binos.There is not many people that go there looking for them.I got a pair of swarovski binos for $150.00 saved about$800.Cash always talks with those guys.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

I've thought the same, but cant bring myself to do it, maybe somehting like the 100.00 ones TFOX was talking about i could go with, idk yet, Idid buyme a hep quiver...
Now if you can remeber to leave your bow at the peg instead of carrying it to the target and back

I shot a 3d today, did pretty well considering. My scale on my slidebar was about 2-3 yards weak for some reason [&:]. I only had about 2-3 targets that really fooled me. I think I finished in the top half of the field in Open Trophy.

Aaron, how far of a drive is Damascus from you?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bout an 1hr.30min
Old 02-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt,they have a pair of 10 power as well and I know they were better than the 1000 dollar Nikons a friend used.I have looked at targets with both and the Optilogics were better.

But give them all a try and get the ones you like,just remember that you will be looking at targets and looking for lines,some just seem to be better at this than looking over a 1000 yard field at game.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Nikon Action series have worked very well for me. I love them!!

Quick Reply: Binoculars..I need some

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.