Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I talked to Greg Miller in Green Bay >

I talked to Greg Miller in Green Bay

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I talked to Greg Miller in Green Bay

Old 02-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I talked to Greg Miller in Green Bay

Greg is going to have a new show on the outdoor channel starting in I believe July. I dont remember the name, sorry.
He left North american Whitetail to start his own show. He showed clips of his new show. He will have some awsome kills to show. Including a 190" mulie taken with a bow! I really like him because he earned his place the hard way. He knows how to hunt. He is not just some guy with money who pays for hunts then claims to be a great hunter. He said he will have a booth at Madison Wis. He is very knowledgeable. He said he was going to try to educate as well as entertain with his new show. I'm excited to see how he does.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I talked to Greg Miller in Green Bay

Thanks for the heads-up; I too like Greg's approach and his credentials.

While I'm at it, I've enjoyed your posting as well... you're a welcome addition to HNI. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, Greg is one of my favorite hunters, him and the drury boys...
Old 02-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

He is not just some guy with money who pays for hunts then claims to be a great hunter.
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I do like Greg) but every clip of every video hunt I've ever seen him on with HS he is at an outfitter in WI, or WY or IL etc?
Not knocking the guy, I'd LOVE to be in his shoes but don't kid yourself either. He may not be PAYING for them but he's not "Doing it yourself" either.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you matt. For his shows he does go to places that are guided, etc. I don't know if he pays to hunt or not. My comment was in reference to his hunting background. He was a concrete worker who hunted for fun. JUst like the rest of us. But he excelled at hunting and was very successful at hunting the same kind of areas that most of us have to hunt. He hunted thenorth woods public land and also farm country. He shot a lot of big bucks. I'm just saying that he earned his place. In todays hunting arena it is possable to fill your trophy room full of boughten hunts. That, in my opinion, does not make youan expert.I hope he makes a big effort on his showto teach us. I listened in on a conversation he had with another hunter. He was teaching this guy about food sources in the north woods. He was amazing. He knew so much about food sources, secondary food sources, at which times, how long the deer use them, etc. My point is that these are the kind of people I would like to see on TV.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

He is not just some guy with money who pays for hunts then claims to be a great hunter.
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I do like Greg) but every clip of every video hunt I've ever seen him on with HS he is at an outfitter in WI, or WY or IL etc?
Not knocking the guy, I'd LOVE to be in his shoes but don't kid yourself either. He may not be PAYING for them but he's not "Doing it yourself"
either.
I still think the statement was correct. He may pay for some hunts, but I'd bet he's a heck of a do it yourselfer.

Love the books, never see the show, but for a few moments a couple times. The education end of things from his percpective would be enjoyable I think.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I saw that both at the show also, and I also cant remember the name of the show. By the way, did you see the lady with the HNI name tag holder thingy? They were selling some WKP videos and other stuff but are they a member here?
Old 02-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed that tikka
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh ya it was just a small booth anyways. Did you see the Hansen buck theretalk about dream buck!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too have much respect for Greg Miller. He did hunt and earn his keep by hunting high pressured land throughout Wisconsin many years back. He is also probally the single greatest influence on modern tactics for hunting rubs and rubline's and sign of this type.

I only hope he continue's what he originally started.. and not just hunts the outfitter and high managed/low pressured areas.

Quick Reply: I talked to Greg Miller in Green Bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.