Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New to the forum >

New to the forum

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New to the forum

Old 01-19-2002, 01:32 PM

Default New to the forum

Hey everyone, I am new to the bowhunting forum here, and just wanted to make my prescence known.
I have been hunting since I was 12, and am 21 now. I just decided to get into bow hunting over this past summer, by doing 3d shoots and such here in central PA.
I shoot a Jennings Buckmaster bow, with 30" draw and 65# pull. For a rest i use a whisker biscuit, with a Toxonics IV 4 pin fiber optic sight, and a tru-fire bear paw x caliper release. ALso, using easton 2314 aluminum arrows.
Early season I didn;t get the chance to get out that much due to college classes, but fortunately my X-mas break coincided with the late season here in PA.
I got out a good bit and the last day, I was involved in a drive (all guys but me with muzzloaders, last day, i figured what the hell)
Anyway on one of the drives, a huge doe and a large buck (size not horn wise) ran out to me. I whistled and the doe and buck stopped but the buck stopped behind a tree behind the doe, so I pulled on the doe and madea double lung pass through shot. Tracked her for 150 yards or so, and found her.
Oh yeah I was using muzzy 100 grain 4 blade broadheads.
WEll anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and am looking forward to posting on these forums :-)
Lee

Jennings Buckmaster Bow
.50 Cal Thompson Center Renegade
Old 01-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to the forum

Welcome to the forums, good to have you!
Visit My Hunting Page

Old 01-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Sig

Congats on the doe, and glad to have you here. I have found lots of good info from the various forums.
Old 01-19-2002, 04:22 PM

Hello
Old 01-19-2002, 04:30 PM

Welcome to the board. Its good to have ya. Look forward to reading more of your post and congrats on the deer.
Old 01-19-2002, 05:45 PM

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your luck in the late season here in PA! No luck for me this year but as always I sure did have a great time. If you have any questions about the forums, feel free to email any of the moderators. This place is addicting so be prepared!

Ami <~TS~>
Old 01-19-2002, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

welcome to the board, and congrats on your doe.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-19-2002, 05:54 PM
nub

Welcome to the board bd02
Old 01-19-2002, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the board .
Old 01-19-2002, 07:28 PM

Thanx for all the welcomes.
If you guys have any suggestions for mysetup please just let me know, I am always willing to take suggestions.
Personally I am pretty pleased with my buckmaster, at 20 yards i can hold a group within 2 inches, at 30 around 3 or 4 inches, and at 40 i get about 4 inch or a little higher groups. All shots are easily within deer vitals, so i am really pleased so far.

Jennings Buckmaster Bow
.50 Cal Thompson Center Renegade

Quick Reply: New to the forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.