Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 follow up to preachers question >

follow up to preachers question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

follow up to preachers question

Old 02-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default follow up to preachers question

Preachers question got me thinking about the game retrieval laws in other states. In wisconsin we can retrieve game off of private property even if the land owner won't let us. We have to get a warden to go with us and the land owner can't stop us.
What is the law in other states?
Old 02-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: follow up to preachers question

NY ... you can't .........
Old 02-22-2008, 08:25 PM

OK...im actually not sure on that one....

Maybe Dubbya will pop in with that answer when he looks on here (hint, hint)
Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

In MD we cannot retrieve game off private property if it is posted. Not even the DNR guys can.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Michigan we prefer that they ask...if they ask we give them all the help in the world...we even celebrate with a cold beer......If they do not ask....and we see them tracking on our land then we usually approach with an attitude and make them feel unfomfortable....then we still help them along....

these things happen...I think all of us need to have a more open mind...although there are some firecrackers out there
Old 02-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

michigan has a recreational tresspass law, so no go on private land for recovery. But i think there is a big differance between hunting on private land and recovering your game from private land and i feel the law should reflect that. but like michiganwhitetail said most landowners are very helpful. and if not catch me if you can we owe it to the animal to recover it.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mn you can retrive but dont have a weapon with ya,asking is allways best but if push comes to shove the it time for Mr Warden to come out...Ive never had troubles yet....What happens around here big city people buy big properties and become a-hol's..some will drive around and watch you hunt(gun season is the big one)to make sure you are staying away from thier property.I have a guy(north of my property)that came from thebig city and bought 80 acres he wont let you hunt it but then asks everyone around him if he can hunt thier property and cant understand why people say NO..TWO FACE is what I call it....They think thier (you know what)dosnt stink and it gets worst every year......
Old 02-23-2008, 06:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The city slickers kill me...they have ruined our county here in Michigan.....Built big homes....opened up deer feeders to pull deer away all year...and they go insane when you're anywhere near there property.....Your old stomping grounds can turn at the drop of a hat....never think the land you hunt is forever....nothing is forever
Old 02-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

In Md, however, I have known a game warden retrieve a deer for a friend, when the landowner refused to let the guy on his property. The DNR can go where they want, when they want, no warrants needed.

Quick Reply: follow up to preachers question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.