Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Conversation with an ANTI.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default Conversation with an ANTI.

Some people really should fill up their medication more often. I wanted to so badly to call this lady an insane ****ing lunatic but i held back for the sake of all hunters.

She has said many times about being religious and Gods plan..etc..then she goes around and is destructive towards hunter's property and other insane things.

Insane Anti-"true hunters hunted for food and clothing. used all that was needed from the animals and respected the kill. you people destroy by the thousands and dump their body to these so calle 'hunters for hungry" hogwash which we all know what that is really about "

Me-"What is it really about then? Please inform me since you know all so well what "Lets Help" does with the meat that is donated. How can you possibly say that you have any religious value when you retaliate in a destructive manner? Why can't you protest in peace? Even though i completely disagree with your values and thoughts, I would still respect your first amendment. You have no respect for others."

Insane Anti-"The deer meat is diseased and people give to pantries because its a great place to dump the body. These "conservationist' manipulate wildlife so there be abundance of targets of sick human scums and then you all think you have this fake "halo' over your head because you "give' diseased carcass to charity."

Me-"I've met a few people like you through out my life. You think your opinion is right, even though its based off so many false ideas. Do you just pull this information out of thin air? It is like me saying my tax dollars go to pay for unicorn rehabilitation. Good God woman you are insane! How would you ever know that the meat it diseased? You don't! Don't make up lies to support your "theory". It makes you look immature and stupid."
Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Conversation with an ANTI.

Connor,
You lasted longer than I would have, I'd have just walked away from her shaking my head, because based upon here first statement, I don't believe she sounds like she's playing with a full deck!!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Giver The Shaft,,,,,(I am talking about Arrow Shaft, not nothing sick or anything like that!)
Old 02-22-2008, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

Here are some talking points that I use.
"Hunting is part of the natural process of life. By participating in that process, I am become more in sync with nature and that natural process. Venison is the ultimate organic, free-range meat. I process my own deer (I really do) to get the freshest highest quality meat available. I view harvesting a deer in a similar way as picking vegetables in a garden or picking wild blackberries! The deer live there life just the way they always have...in the woods, seeking food, avoiding predators (me!), with free will to do as they please. Most hunters are respectful of their prey and in deep appreciation of the beauty of all wild animals and the woods and fields in which they live. As in any area of life, there are a few bad apples who make bad choices (trespassing on my posted land!), but my experience is that they are in the minority. I try to be as skilled and effective in the harvest as possible, and I don't relish the loss of life of the deer. But death is a part of life and the life process."
Old 02-22-2008, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

well actually i have been seeing more unicorns than usual...so she might be making a good point....j/kkk..lol
Old 02-22-2008, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forest Gump said it best "stupid is as stupid does".
Sounds like she is adhearing to ignorant facts.
Maybe there has been a few deer that have been diseased, but look at the millions of pounds of beef that has been recalled recently?
She just doesn't want bamby shot, boo-hoo, this is why you need to keep kids away from TV.
I bet she would have a different tune if one of her loved ones hit a deer in a vehicle and was seriously hurt or killed.
I would have punched her in the box!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive dealt with quite a few in my time and happen to be a very good friend of an anti hunter. We kind of pick on eachother but its all in fun. noones feelings are hurt, he respects my decision to hunt and I respect his not to hunt. he knows my family uses every bit of the animals we harvest. what we dont eat, susch as bones, goes to the dogs, needless to say they devour every piece of bone. all thats left is the head and that gets brought out to the woods for mother nature to take care of.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:13 AM

There are a lot of people like this, i wouldnt waste my time or one word on them, its like going into a mental institution and arguing with the patients....
Old 02-22-2008, 05:45 AM

Where do yall run in to these people??
Old 02-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I touched base on thisin a differentthread about this same subject not too long ago.

When we run into people like this I believe we should try our best to be polite (don't stoop to their level of ignorance) and try to use the opportunity to educate them. If they still don't get it they won't and we should still be nice to them...Just to prove we are better people than they are and it's because we spend tranquil time in the woods learning about nature and it's calming effects...

Take the time to explain to them how the animals would die of disease and starvation let alone get killed on the roads which would jeopordize human lives as well as the animals. Also explain to them that wild animals eat wild/natural foods and eating them is FAR better for us than eating meats that come from the store or butcher shops which are pumped full of who knows what...

If they're a person of faith you could try reciting a couple scriptures from the Bible. I did this on a call in radio talk show a few years ago and it shut the anti up on the other end...She was absolutely speechless...This was after shehad said her father was a Pastor which made my comments hit her even harder...

Genesis 27:3

Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the
open country to hunt some wild game for me.

or

Genesis 9:3

Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

[/align]
[/align]

Quick Reply: Conversation with an ANTI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.