Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you could.... >

If you could....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you could....

Old 02-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you could....

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter
The thing is I didn't changed spots. I hunted the same stand for over 2 months everyday!
The deer might catch on to that a little bit... just a thought.

I would have shot the 140" 10pt that came in only minutes before I killed my deer. I could have shot him at 42 yards instead of waiting for him to get closer. Thena few minutes later I would have shot the deer I did shoot and woulda been tagged out in OK. But hey, it all worked out and I got the bigger of the two, the 10 will be back next year... hopefully.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

I would love a second chance at the big one I missed. [:@]
x2
Old 02-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter
The thing is I didn't changed spots. I hunted the same stand for over 2 months everyday!
The deer might catch on to that a little bit... just a thought.
Yeah I thought about that after the two months and started hunting elsewhere. LOL
Old 02-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Walking into an area where I know there was a good buck,sweating from the heat, hanging a stand and hunting it. I know better. Next year I will not sweat going in!!! I will wait for cooler days.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:24 AM

Had a 40 yard shot at the boar of a lifetime . Just thought he might come closer and only saw him for 10 seconds. Thought I'd wait for a better angle, cleaner shot . Should of took the shot[:@]
Old 02-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

i wish i would have been more patient i found myself getting antsy and moving around alot. dont know why.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 AM

I wish my dad would have been with me when i took my first buck...
Old 02-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I kind of had a let down after I arrowed three deer in 10 days this year..I wish I would have hunted harder from Nov 10th-20th but I was so worn out from work, that during the last 10 days of my vacation, I just hunted every other day and the other days I kept my kids from daycare and took them to the movies and played with them......on second thought, I wouldn't have hunted harder.....being with my kids with no work was just too much fun.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Site Buck Guru

This year......... ah, nothing. If I would have come to full draw instead of waiting for a better shot, I may have had a chance at a big non-typical. As it stands, I took a nice 170s typical 2 days later, so I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Shot a doe one night when it was getting dark, and I didn't wait long enough before I tried to recover. It was a good hit with lots of blood but she jumped and ran when I got close to her. Tried to trail her the next morning but she went too far into property that I don't have permission on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.