Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has Anyone Seen This Yet? >

Has Anyone Seen This Yet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has Anyone Seen This Yet?

Old 02-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has Anyone Seen This Yet?

Igot an interesting email from a hunting buddy today. We all know how these emails circulate and I was wondering if anyone else saw the photos. It had about fifteen pictures of a buck that had been shot in the head with a bow. I don't have the know how or the time to show them here but it is some interesting stuff to say the least. I will include some of the captions that accompany the photos. Has anyone else seen or heard this story?????

This deer was harvested with a bow on Dec. 30th by Jay Trudell of Delafield Wisconsin . Jay made a great hit on this deer. It expired inside of 50 yards.

On New Years Eve, Jay brought to deer to me to be butchered. I skinned it for a shoulder mount, stopping right behind the ear.

The buck dressed out at 175 pounds and has a good layer of fat on it¢s rump. Every indication was that this was a normal, healthy deer. I returned the head to Jay for mounting. After the taxidermist capped the skull, he cut the skull plate to remove the antlers. As he finished the cut, he hit metal. Jay got the skull and antlers back and cleaned them and brought them to be to show me what was inside the brain of this deer. The hide was completely healed and did not give away that there was an injury. The threaded portion of the head had snapped off.

The deer had been shot in a prior season with a Wasp Hammer broadhead. It entered the brain but did not kill the deer. It also passed through the hinge of the jaw and had grown over with bone and prevented the jaw from opening all but the smallest amount. The brain was infected around the puncture wound. I'm not sure which portion of the brain was injured but I suspect it was the part that helps the deer avoid a hunter.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Has Anyone Seen This Yet?

Wow, that's amazing.I'd like to see some pic.It's wild the stuff they can live through.I can guess what the other guy was looking at when he shot.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:38 PM

I want to see some pictures[&:][] But that is pretty neat though. It was ether tough or lucky.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just another example of how tough deer really are
Old 02-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a link to the thread with the pictures over on AT:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=616749

Bob
Old 02-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is such an unethical shot! NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY should EVER take a shot like that. The only time it should be taken is if the deer was previously wounded and this was the only shot left to try and dispatch the animal. Quite a shame really. This is how we all get bad reputations. [:'(]
Old 02-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep... someone at my church who knew I was a bowhunter sent them to me.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hikchick

That is such an unethical shot! NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY should EVER take a shot like that. The only time it should be taken is if the deer was previously wounded and this was the only shot left to try and dispatch the animal. Quite a shame really. This is how we all get bad reputations. [:'(]
How do we know they took this shot?

Maybe it was an accident,considering the lack of penetration,it was either a low energy setup or the arrow hit something else first.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:25 PM

"How do we know they took this shot"

I agree seem like most people jump on the band wagon that it was a unethical shot when really there is only one person that knows the facts and i don't think he's about to spill the beans take it as just a bad accident.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think this isn't a kill from this year. I had read about this on another site before December. So its either last year or before.

Regardless it shows how truly tough a deer is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.