Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Q2 VS LEGACY

Old 02-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Q2 VS LEGACY

Is there a big difference in the two bows?is the Legacy smoother,With the cable roller system?
Also on the legacy,those string suppressers does the string stop solid after release causing a thud (recoil)in bow?Dont know if i could get use to that!If it does!Sorry i do not have a mathews dealer around and can not test for myself before i buy,
THANKS FOR REPLYS.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Q2 VS LEGACY

I own both and to me the Legacy is the smoothest shooting bow that I've ever, in my 25 years of shooting bows, have shot.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

I own the legacy and it is the smoothest bow that i have ever shot with no vibration in your hands. The string suppressors make it so you dont need string silencers it is extremley quite.

"The bigger they are the bigger the harder fall."
Old 02-11-2003, 07:16 PM

Well cjgjr,

I have the Q2XL and a buddy of mine has the Legacy. Personally I cannot tell any difference in the vibration but can tell a difference in sound. The Legacy had a very light metal twang sound after the shot. My buddies setup is almost identical to mine, so it is not the accessories. This may not be true for all the Legacy bows but it is worth further investigating. I will tell, you can not go wrong with either one. Both are extremely smooth and quiet.

Thanks and good hunting!!
jt