Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's the fastest (POLL) >

Who's the fastest (POLL)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hoyt
6.67%
Bowtech
50.00%
Matthews
5.56%
PSE
21.11%
Martin
0%
Parker
1.11%
Bear
1.11%
Browning
1.11%
Oneida
0%
All the others
13.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Who's the fastest (POLL)

Old 02-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Who's the fastest (POLL)

It will be a close race between the X-Force and the 82nd airborne.I think if you set these two up with true 30 inch draw lengths and exactly thesame draw weightthe 82nd would come out on top by a few fps.

Maybe the Martin slayer X but I have not shot that one to know for sure. But if their advertised speeds are real then it will definetly be in the race... AS would be the High Country Speed Force if their IBO speed claims are real... The Iron Mace is not HC's speed bow.

The rest are at least 20 fps slower.

But if we are going to compare then they all would have to be compared on a true even keel.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where's Fran when you need him High Country I believe...but then again, that's speed pro max... IBO, the 82nd and X-Force.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ttt
Old 02-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

APA Black mamaba X1 is at 355fps IBO that has to be it from what I see.
http://www.apaarchery.com/bows_mamba_x1.html

Looks like it beats the bowech by 5 fps. Looks like the PSExforce is 348 fps. Martin slayer x is 350fps also, so I'd say they are about 5 fps behind the little Canadian bow companies speedster. Sorry to burst you bowtech guys bubbles!
Oh I just looked at the HCA speed force and it's at 352 fps, looks like a nice bow also but not the fastest!
http://www.highcountryarchery.com/
Old 02-19-2008, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: 5575gb

http://www.apaarchery.com/bows_mamba_x1.html

Looks like it beats the bowech by 5 fps. Looks like the PSExforce is 348 fps. Martin slayer x is 350fps also, so I'd say they are about 5 fps behind the little Canadian bow companies speedster. Sorry to burst you bowtech guys bubbles!
Oh I just looked at the HCA speed force and it's at 352 fps, looks like a nice bow also but not the fastest!
http://www.highcountryarchery.com/
Yep...what he said.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Probably High Country's Iron Mace is the fastest because they have a 3 grains per pound warranty.
I concur.

The new SpeedForce is quicker

and Elite has a 350 bow aswell, with a 7" BH, IMPRESSIVE.

EDIT:

Am I reading that right, about the Mamba, 5.5" BH!!! Are they crazy? I
ll lose 5feet and gain 1.5" of brace height all day every day. Imagine if Elite made a 5.5-6.25" BH bow, it would no doubt be the fastest.

Anyone can get good speed by taking BH away.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Probably High Country's Iron Mace is the fastest because they have a 3 grains per pound warranty.
I concur.

EDIT:

ll lose 5feet and gain 1.5" of brace height all day every day. Imagine if Elite made a 5.5-6.25" BH bow, it would no doubt be the fastest.

I agree, except the question was "which", not "how". Actually, I've never seen one of these in person and never known anyone who has shot one. Any feedback from those with first-hand knowledge?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Red Boar

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I concur.

EDIT:

I agree, except the question was "which", not "how". Actually, I've never seen one of these in person and never known anyone who has shot one. Any feedback from those with first-hand knowledge?

My point is/was, I'm not impressed by a speed bow with a 5.5" BH, that's within 5fps of a bow with 1.5" more BH. I could be alone, but I'd say I'm not.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Except that it won't get 355. At least the 2007's wouldn't.
Actually, I've never seen one of these in person and never known anyone who has shot one. Any feedback from those with first-hand knowledge?
I was posting as you werebut ......... It is very top heavy and needs a great deal of weight on the rear of the riser to get close to being ballanced. It feels like you are pulling against a brick wall, the valley is EXTREMELY short so you had better maintain a great deal of back tension to keep it from yanking your arm foward, and the let off is not much.I doubt the let off gets close to 70%.

It would be real interesting to see what the true speed king is for 2008. All bows set to a true 30" draw length as specified by ata standards. A true 70 pounds and an exact 350 grain arrow of proper spine.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 PM

I'd agree with your point, Matt...just wondering if anyone who has actually shot one would confirm that it is as brutal as what we would guess.

Quick Reply: Who's the fastest (POLL)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.