Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Legendary Bowhunters POLL >

Legendary Bowhunters POLL

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Howard Hill
6.48%
Fred Bear
54.63%
Chuck Adams
13.89%
Ted Nugent
9.26%
Bob Foulkrod
2.78%
Dan Fitzgerald
2.78%
The Wensel Brothers
4.63%
Ron Laclare
0%
Massey
0%
Other (Who else other than yourself?)
5.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Legendary Bowhunters POLL

Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Legendary Bowhunters POLL

since i wasn't allowed to vote for myself. i must admit i voted for uncle ted. he is a little "over the top" at times, but the message he is trying to get out is a good one. i've never been big on watching hunting shows until recently. now i watch spirit of the wild almost religously. no matter what you put in that mans hands he can shoot it. besides i'm a huge fan of his music.

sex, guns and rock-n-roll. can't hardly beat that.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:35 PM

Fred Bear and Chuck Adams, but no bow hunting servay is complete without the names of.... Jim Dougherty and Jack Frost... two of the greatest bowhunters of our time.

Someone said something about Chuck Adams and guides, all the great bow hunters use guides. Maybe not in a tree stand in say IL or IA but in Alaska, the Yukon, and places like that they all have guides.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm becoming a big fan of the Wensel Brothers. They really seem to get "it".
Old 02-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Wensel brothers are great! I really like those guys and they are fun to be around but this is a pull about legendary bowhunters, not whitetail hunters. The Wensel brothers would win that ones hands down in my book. Yeah I think Jim Dougherty should be on the list. But I'm kinda partial...LOL But seriously if you want to look at the guys who have done the most for bowhunting you would look at Fred Bear, Ben Pearson, Howard Hill, Jim Dougherty and maybe put a Chuck Adams in there. These guys not only lived bowhunting but they also promoted the sport better then anyone else has. They didn't try to get rich off of it like most of the guys today are doing. They did it because they loved it and would do lot's of things for free because they wanted to give back to the sport.

Darrall Dougherty
Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

First Fred then my dad.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Howard Hill
Old 02-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know about hunting but archery and exhibition shooting

Ron Laclare and Byron Ferguson are awesome. Byron can shoot asprin out of the air and shoot the wick off a candle at a good distance. Both shoot Trad and are very impressive. I don't think Ron does many shows, if any, anymore. But the Videos I have seen of him are incredible. Plus hes seems like a great guy. (Talked with him on another site)

Old 02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Fred Bear was the only real hard core bow hunter that ever lived. IMO A man that would stick a big old brown bear with a recurve at a few feet with no gun back up gets my vote.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 02-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

For me it would be Fred Bear also. Fred would not be as successfull today though if it weren't for the effort of Ishi showing Saxton Pope and Art Young the basics of bowhunting. After all of these guys I just listed I also gotta give allot of praise to Gene and Barry Wensel, they were true bow hunters! They aren't into the big advertising like what some of you call a legend in Chuck Adams, he don't belong in the same list as these guys are in!!!!

Quick Reply: Legendary Bowhunters POLL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.