Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easton FMJ's

Old 02-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Easton FMJ's

Anybody use em? Do you like them?Do you think they arebetter thanall carbon arrows? Are they worth the price? Thanks for any input.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 PM

Default RE: Easton FMJ's

I just got mine but they are very sharp lookingarrows and seem very durable. Time will tell but I dont regret paying the extra $$ for them. Alot of arrows such as ACCs are even more.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:54 PM

I dont know but they look awesome. id like to get some for 3-d shoots.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are very nice looking. Just made some up today with white vanes and red feathers. Haven't shot them yet, but I did weigh them, WOW, close to490 grns with the vanes and 470 with the feathers. I haven't used an arrow that heavy for years. Don't know if I'll like that. Not the best at judging distance.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used them some last year and they are a very nice arrow.

Dan
Old 02-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used them all of last year for target and hunting. I think they are a great arrow and very durable. I may go to a slightly lighter arrow when my 82 nd. and all the goodies come in, just to see what kind of speed I can get out of a 60# bow.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

I used them all of last year for target and hunting. I think they are a great arrow and very durable. I may go to a slightly lighter arrow when my 82 nd. and all the goodies come in, just to see what kind of speed I can get out of a 60# bow.
My Airborne 82 at 60# 28" draw is pushing my 326 grain Maxima at 308 fps. I've been wondering what it will push my 497 grain FMJ's I may have to check that out.

Dan
Old 02-18-2008, 07:19 PM

I just started using them about a month ago. Compared to the regular ST Axis carbons, they are about 28 grains heavier per arrow. Seem to group very slightly better. And are noticably easier to pull out of a layered target.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

My Airborne 82 at 60# 28" draw is pushing my 326 grain Maxima at 308 fps. I've been wondering what it will push my 497 grain FMJ's I may have to check that out.

Dan

WOW! You are making it harder and harder to wait.

O.K. thread hijack over.

Roskoe touched on a very good point. They are a dream to pull out of 3-D targets compared to regular carbons. They tend to penetrate deeper in bag targets though.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:41 PM

I'd like to get a dozen this year. I like the penetration potential for elk hunting. HOpefully won't have to change my setup much for these narrow pencil like arrows. I use ICS hunters right now which are larger in diameter

Quick Reply: Easton FMJ's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.