Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the strangest thing >

What is the strangest thing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the strangest thing

Old 02-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is the strangest thing

What is the strangest thing you have ever found in the woods while shed hunting (or just in the woods in general).

Last year when i was shed hunting i was crossing the creek and i looked over to my left and found a antler.......well after i grabed it i realized that it was a fake plastic ratting antller.....i was dissapointed!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the strangest thing

i hunt on an old airport, and i found underground fuel pump, and the hangar foundation, and some kinda tank thingy that says "contains lead" it wasnt reallyhidden but was very cool when i found it.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geez this goes back to the mid 90's but Dad and I were rabbit hunting and in the middle of no-where. I found an office chair. Full back, Arms..the type with the cylinder to control height. It was like brand new. On the way out I grabbed it and it's now in my basement as my old computer chair but it has served as both my work chair and my home computer chair before being moved downstairs.

On 2 seperateoccasions, years and miles apart, I have found 2 stashes of stolen bicycles. Both times I've called the cops so the kids could get there bikes back. The first time I was but a teenager and recieved a written commandation from the police force. I thought that was neat, I still have it.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 PM

Peace and quiet!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

I found myself lost on numerous occasions.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've found a few burned out cars that were obviously stolen and set ablaze after the joy ride was over.

Another wierd thing was an old cigarette machine. Remember the ones with the pull handles? I have no idea how it got there, because those suckers are heavy.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was fishing off the bank one time and I hooked into something. I reeled up an antique fly fishing pole and reel. I took it home and worked on it for a couple of weeks until it seemed to work....I had never fly fished before so I looked like a complete idiot in the middle of the river...but I caught a couple of sunfish and had a blast.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best thing wasnt found by me but my friend,we were out bow hunting and when we met up in the evening he had a Browning 12gauge in his hand.He found it leaning up against a tree and on the way out he grabed it....
Old 02-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I was fishing off the bank one time and I hooked into something. I reeled up an antique fly fishing pole and reel. I took it home and worked on it for a couple of weeks until it seemed to work....I had never fly fished before so I looked like a complete idiot in the middle of the river...but I caught a couple of sunfish and had a blast.
do you think you could come to my land and find my $200 shimano baitcaster that a cat fish pulled in? haha
Old 02-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 125py

What is the strangest thing you have ever found in the woods while shed hunting (or just in the woods in general).

Last year when i was shed hunting i was crossing the creek and i looked over to my left and found a antler.......well after i grabed it i realized that it was a fake plastic ratting antller.....i was dissapointed!

WOW that really sucks lol

Quick Reply: What is the strangest thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.