Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt Vectrix, Good or Bad??? >

Hoyt Vectrix, Good or Bad???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Vectrix, Good or Bad???

Old 02-16-2008, 05:49 AM

Default Hoyt Vectrix, Good or Bad???

Just wanted some impressions on the Hoyt Vectrix from those that own it or have shot it. Is it a good bow? What are its ups and downs? I have never shot a Hoyt yet. I'm hoping to find a dealer near me, and hopefully they will still have some Vectrix bows in stock to try out. Just thought I would get some opinions first. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:18 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Hoyt Vectrix, Good or Bad???

The Vectrix is a good bow. I had one last year and it's got everything you need to have in a hunting bow. If your set on a Vectrix it's a good choice, but I'd shoot as many bows as I could before making a final decision.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:18 AM

I also really like the Vectrix. It has a smooth draw cycle and a very comfortable grip. It is not, however, a "speed bow" - like the PSE X Force or 82nd Airborne - nor is it as quiet and shock free as the Bowtech General. Not as light and slim as the Mathews DXT. But it shoots very well.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

My friendhunts withone and he loves it.He upgraded from a Trykon that hereally likedto a Vectrix that had the smoother cams and was a bit quieter.The bow to me is the same high quality that hoyt always puts out.These bowsare made for a life time of hunting abuse and always get the job done.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hoyt makes a quality bow. I shot the Vectrix and thought it was a nice bow. It's always a good idea to shoot all the bows you can and keep an open mind when getting ready to make a purchase.

Dan
Old 02-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Vectrix, I did buy a new bowtech yesterday... but I'm keeping the Vectrix for sure. It's pretty fast, smooth, quiet and has a pretty decent brace height to make it forgiving. The one and only thing that I would change if I could is the weight. The Katera is (others correct me if I'm wrong) 4oz lighter than the vectrix. Either way, a great bow... definitely worth your time to shoot it.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Spike

I have a 07 Vectrix XL and love it! Very sweet shooting bow..... Like someone said its not as fast as the new speed bows, but in the same sense its a lot nicer to draw. Although, I've never shot this year's bowtechs, but did shoot the pse x-force.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love my '07Vectrix XL as well.I had great results this past season. A 7pt and 2 doe.Three shots, 3 dead deer. All pass throughs. I love it!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Vectrix is quiet enough, fast enough, accurate enough. Most of all, I like the smooth draw cycle better than any bow by far that I've ever shot or drawn. That to me, was the number one selling point and it's a nice thing to have on your side especially in WI winters.

One season in the woods brought home a 123" 10pt, a button, and a doe.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:51 PM

I have always loved mine, just wish it was lighter (like Dubbya said).
Also like Hoytail Hunter said, its draw cycle is really buttery smooth. I was shooting around 62 and when i cranked it up to 70 i honestly couldnt even tell a difference really.

Im getting some new custom strings for mine and plan on shooting it for 2+ more years.

Quick Reply: Hoyt Vectrix, Good or Bad???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.