Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Advice on deer hunting blind >

Advice on deer hunting blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advice on deer hunting blind

Old 02-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Advice on deer hunting blind

I'm relatively new to Blind Hunting, but they have worked out Great for Turkeys and certain setups on Mule Deer. Last year I ended up buying I believe 7 blinds from 3 different manufactures. I now own 3 Double Bulls. The other brands were returned or sold because of lack of quality. There is no doubt in my mind that different blinds will work regardless of cost. There is also No doubt in my mind that Double Bulls are the best Blind on the market, and they are continuing to improve every year.
The Ol saying "If you want Good Clean Oats you will pay a fair price. If on the other hand you are satisfied with Oats after they have been through the Horse then I can find you a bargain" is very True! You usually get what you pay for. I have not found many free rides in life. A bicycle may get you to work everyday, but I prefer my Silverado. You payed less for your Bicycle but it will get you there. My Truck will do things you bike won't. People are always concerned about buy outs and mergers. If Primos did not have good customer service they would not be where they are at today. I have had very little experience with them in that regards, but what I have has been positive.
I did have a ceiling rod break. It was replaced pronto No questions asked. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the 12" of snow that fell on top of it.
They did add reinforcing in the area where my rod broke last year. The rods now have a metal jacket on the ends. Another Great job Double Bull!!

Old 02-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

edited....Nah....I'll take my own advice and say nothing.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Make sure you can get shoot through replacement screens easily.I have 2 cheap blinds that were discontinued a year later now I cant find screens anywhere.Eastman or Cabelas blinds would be my choice for a new one.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Ive got the Ameristep G30 which is a copy of the Double Bull T5 and i use it for everything woodchuck, turkeys, and deer. it's roomy enough that 2 people can bowhunt out of it.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:33 PM

ttt
Old 02-16-2008, 06:23 PM

Guys,
buy whatever you like. It honestly makes no difference to me at all. I am just saying I dont buy the statement that double bulls dont last because I know for a fact it isnt true. I have been using them for about 8 yrs. now and my first blind is still going strong. I have been thru some really bad wind and rain storms in them. I am not saying Matt said that but anyone that says that is wrong.

As far as me being biased, I guess I am but it isnt because I am a dealer. I am a bowhunter first and foremost.It is because I am a serious ground blind hunter and I have used them all pretty much at one time or another. Even if I wasnt a dealer I would still believe in them just as much.

rick