Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Heartland Bowhunter S.1 Turkey vid kicks butt! >

Heartland Bowhunter S.1 Turkey vid kicks butt!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heartland Bowhunter S.1 Turkey vid kicks butt!

Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Heartland Bowhunter S.1 Turkey vid kicks butt!

Many of you guys know I have a love /hate relationship with turkeys. (mainly because I can't seem to kill one)..........in fact if there was a turkey sitting here right now I'd punch him square in the beak![:@]Then I'd probably kick him while he was down[8D]
(Then he'd probably gouge my eyes out with his spurs and peck out my spleenbut that's beside the point)

So it was a lot of fun last night while the snow and ice piled up outside ,watching the Heartland Bowhuntercrew laying them down on their new "S.1 Arrows Unleashed" DVD. I was almost cheering everytime one hit the ground!

This is a great archery only video and you guys who like to turkey hunt with a bow should check out, the footage is terrific and I didn't realize that the vast majority of the bowhunts don't use pop-up blinds!! I was pretty amazed at how often they get it done with having to draw the bow out in the open like that but good timing and waiting until just the right moment proves that it can be done consistently.

There isn't a whole lot of how to's or why we are where we are's, but if you want to see what amounts to an archery battle with turkeys this DVD is great! LOL Arrows unleashed is an appropriate title.

It's a lot of fun watching guys you know doing something you both love to do and see.

*My only real complaintis the close up footage of Hunsucker........talk about pushing widescreen format to it's absolute limit. Holy smokes. [:-]

Support the cause and a great bunch of guys and add this one to your collection, it sure beats watching a 30yd shotgun blast and a puff of feathers.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Heartland Bowhunter S.1 Turkey vid kicks butt!

Have you thought about wearing safety goggles while hunting......... or everything else for that matter?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have you thought about wearing safety goggles while hunting......... or everything else for that matter?
The thought has crossed my mind.

(I almost jabbed myself in the eye with the fake tree on the indoor 3D course I shot this weekend )

Old 02-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Site Buck Guru

I jabbed myself in the eye once while shooting an indoor round. As I was walking up to retrieve my arrows, I had my head turned to talk with my buddy. As I turned to look at my target, I was too close and I took an arrow, nock end first all the way up to the fletching into my eye. I felt the feathers brush against my eyebrow and cheek.[:-] Luckily, I had time to blink and the arrow took my eyelid into my eyesocket, above my eye. Man did that ever hurt! []

BTW, I was done shooting for the day.......... it was my shooting eye.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lol. Matt, I'm the same way. I really have only seriously tried hunting turkey's one season (last spring) and called in two, but never got a shot. Frustrating little guys. As for the video, I'm very impressed with HB's overall setup (their website is professional, trailers are well done, and...it's ALL bowhunting!). I'll have to pick up a copy of this.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm hoping my copy's there when I get home later today... and then I hope i have power to watch it.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Matt, I'm hoping to remedy your turkey curse this year. Last year it was all but done when that guy screwed us up! I still remember seeing your barrel shaking.[8D]

Old 02-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, I'm hoping to remedy your turkey curse this year. Last year it was all but done when that guy screwed us up! I still remember seeing your barrel shaking.[8D]
That's because I was afraid of that hen pecking my eyes out.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good post Matt. I'm not a huge fan of turkey hunting videos, but since it is all archery I'm probably going to check it out.

I got to meet Jeff out in Harrisburg and he is a great guy. They definitely have their stuff together.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the good words guys!I'm really excited to see what all of you think of the deer DVD that is coming later in the year!

Quick Reply: Heartland Bowhunter S.1 Turkey vid kicks butt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.