Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Adventures of Fred Bear, A must read... >

Adventures of Fred Bear, A must read...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Adventures of Fred Bear, A must read...

Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Adventures of Fred Bear, A must read...

I was lucky enough to have a dad that went out of his way for me to do things I was interested in, like archery (even though he did not shoota bow) when I was young. I got to talk to Fred quite a bit when I was young ( he all ways had time to talk toa kid) and even broke bread and siped suds with him when I got older. I also have a Super Kodiak Take Down, a limited edition print of him with the Bobcat over his shoulder and several photos he signed for me over the years. He was also quite a Fly Fisherman.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

I was lucky enough to have a dad that went out of his way for me to do things I was interested in, like archery (even though he did not shoota bow) when I was young. I got to talk to Fred quite a bit when I was young ( he all ways had time to talk toa kid) and even broke bread and siped suds with him when I got older. I also have a Super Kodiak Take Down, a limited edition print of him with the Bobcat over his shoulder and several photos he signed for me over the years. He was also quite a Fly Fisherman.
All I got to say is....You are one lucky man
Old 02-12-2008, 07:51 PM

Sounds good and its probably a book i would read instead of just having.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sound good, but i probably get it then wouldn't read it.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

You are one lucky man Sliver!! My folks got to know Fred from talking to him at the P@Y conventions through out the years when he was still alive. Dad told me he was a great man and loved talking Traditional with him, mom always said he treated her like a princess! I wish I could of met the guy.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

I just looked it up on the internet and read an excerpt from it and sounds very fascinating, especially since it was his actual field notes.. considering buying it.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

It's a great read awsome to think that they hunted for months at a time in the wilds of british colombia or alaska. I'm also jealous of sliverflicker would have loved to share a story or two with the man himself.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Banned

He did it the hard way, something most "bowhunters" have no concept of. It my thinking that if Fred saw guys with trail cams, compounds, expandable heads and triggered releases, "hunting" with scent lock clothing and electronic calls, riding ATV's etc etc he'd disassociate himself with "bowhunting" altogether
Old 02-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also have a Super Kodiak Take Down, a limited edition print of him with the Bobcat over his shoulder and several photos he signed for me over the years
Very nice!!!

And you shoot wheels instead??????????? Just kidding.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I also have a Super Kodiak Take Down, a limited edition print of him with the Bobcat over his shoulder and several photos he signed for me over the years
Very nice!!!

And you shoot wheels instead??????????? Just kidding.

I shoot both BobCo, I have 7 trad bows around the house

Quick Reply: Adventures of Fred Bear, A must read...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.