Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What the heck is going on??? >

What the heck is going on???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What the heck is going on???

Old 02-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What the heck is going on???

When i'm shooting at home by myself i do great. When i go to 3d shoots i don't shoot verygood at all and i don't know why. A person in the group i was shooting with said i was gripping the bow too much. I tried to fix it but i still sucked. Maybe i just had a bad day? And also it seems when i'm shooting with other people(even if it's just for fun)i don't do as good as i can. Sorry, just needed to vent. Is anybody else like this?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What the heck is going on???

When you're at home.....do you always shoot known yardages?

Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's very difficult to fix anything on a 3D course. That's something that needs worked on at home.

Practice form, release, execution, etc at home and apply it on the 3D courses and trust what you've learned at home or on the range and also apply it.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Most of the time, yes.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:18 PM

Make sure that you are doing the same thing every time. dont know if that makes a BIG diffrence but im sure it changes things a little. Dont worry about it. just imagine that nobodys around. People are watching you when you are racing and it dont seem to phase you.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Most of the time, yes.
Here's what gets me mostly at 3D......NOT knowing the yarages when I step to the stake. I know I always have to guesstimate.....and that's fine....but not KNOWING is a hinderance. I've started shooting outside from "weird" yardages. I used to always shoot from 20, 30, 40, 50, 60.......but I now shoot from a spot and "guess". Scores go down when you do this.

The better you can become at estimating yardages....the better 3D shooter you will be.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:32 PM

also what would help is go out in the woods somewhere and put a target down and go shoot from all over and dont use your range finder, i think that has helped me.or i guess you could guess what you think the range is and then use your range finder to make sure so you dont break an arrow being you are in Benton County Mo
Old 02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're just choking under the pressure. The more you do it the better you will do. It is hard to relax when having to "perform" in front of people.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I'm not really sure if 3d shoots are going to be my "cup of tea" but i will try to get better.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take it easy on yourself. You just need to relax, you are trying too hard. I start off like this every year. I start shooting league before heading out to the 3D courses, the first few weeks I shoot like I just started. Finally I just start relaxing and stop trying to impress everyone, then the 12's start coming.

Quick Reply: What the heck is going on???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.