Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone own the Bowtech Constitution? >

Anyone own the Bowtech Constitution?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone own the Bowtech Constitution?

Old 02-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Anyone own the Bowtech Constitution?

I bought an 82nd this year.....with thoughts of setting it up strictly for 3D. After shooting it for a while.....I'm finding I'll have NO issues taking this bow hunting with me this Spring and Fall. The perceived extra lenght issues are a NON-issue in my eyes, now.

So.....for '09 I'm going ot be looking at a pure target bow....again. Does anyone have any experience with the Constitution? At 41" ATA......I'm guessing that's enough of an increase to help in accuracy. How much? Do you find this is a big advantage?

Anyone bowhunt with a bow this "long"?

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone own the Bowtech Constitution?

GMMAT,

The owner/operator of the proshop I go to just got his in. He set his up for strictly 3D. I went to get a new peep tied in yesterday, and shot it. It is a sweet shooter. I think the brace height is a real plus, I don't remember what he said? For what it's worth, he said it's prob going to be the last target bow he has for A LONG TIME. He loves it, I shot it well.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm in the process of setting up my 60-lb. Constitution as my dedicated 3d rig... it's what Matt shoots for 3d, and it's what RJ was thinking about shooting for 3d.

It's a fantastic 3d bow. Plenty quick and extremely stable with a very forgiving brace height.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had one of the first 06 models Jeff.I liked it a LOT, but I really didn't know what I know now about bows back then...........so I really can't give it an honest evaluation at this time as compared to some of the other target specific bows I've had in the last 2 years. Also, the 07+ models are really a very different bow as well, so I can't really comment on the new ones.

On paper, the specs are fantastic for a 3D specific bow, and it is also the kind of target bow (at least specs wise) that it appears as if it would be a fantastic option for indoors as well, and it's very appealing to me to possibly have a single bow platform for every venue of competitive archery I pursue. I was hoping to have a single platform with the current Mathews Apex I'm shooting, but the Constitution may very well do this and give me another 15fps that I'll never see with the Apex..........and this will be handy for 3D.

I'm not 100% committed to keeping one for the entire 3D season yet, but I will definitely be buying an 07+ modelin the next few weeks to at least setup and kick the tires with and see what I think. If I like it as much or better than the Apex I'm shooting now I'll likely change for at least 3D season just for the speed advantage, and if I'm really shooting it well for that and very confident in it by the end of the 3D season I may get a second oneto shootnext year for indoors. I'll know more when I have my hands on one.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Commander is 37.5" ATA, and I hunt with that without issue. My old bow was 43" and I hunted with it, also without issue. I am 6'10" though, so when I stand up, I get real good clearance over the rail on my climber. The Constitution is a real sweet bow, ridiculous brace height, nice and long, very forgiving rig. Commander may be another option though if you want one a little shorter.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Greg.....Please let me know what you get (fps) out of the Constitution at 60 (or 61/62) #'s when you get it set up. I'm intrigued. I'd like for it to be in the 300fps @ 29"DL with a 350 or so grain arrow. If I can achieve that......I'm interested. I can always dumb that down a little to shoot in the 285 range on sanctioned stuff. I'd be strictly setting up a target bow with this. The 82nd has found a place in the treestand and blind. I love this bow.

Thans for the help, guys.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like for it to be in the 300fps @ 29"DL with a 350 or so grain arrow
The only chance you have of that happening is at 70#.
My 08' Constitution came in at 310 out of the box at 29"/ 70.3# / 350gr arrow.

Get your peep and loop or whatever you want on the string and you'll be hovering right around 300fps but needing at least 70# to get there with a 350gr arrow.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Only reason I gave those specs Matt.....is thinking I could dumb it down to get to 280(+) for the circuit I shoot, here.

If it'll sling a 327gr arrow that fast at 61#'s I'll order the 60# model. Chance?

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

If it'll sling a 327gr arrow that fast at 61#'s I'll order the 60# model. Chance?
280fps at 29"/ 61# with a 327 arrow? Absolutely.
300fps? no way.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, Matt. I appreciate it.

Let me ask something (I have no idea)......

I've been shooting my 82nd target arrows at 330fps (+/-). At 30 yds.....I never have to aim outside the 10 ring. At 280fps.....how much drop will I see at 30yds? What about 40yds?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Anyone own the Bowtech Constitution?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.