Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK, Let Me Have It >

OK, Let Me Have It

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK, Let Me Have It

Old 02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default OK, Let Me Have It

So, I made a visit to Gander Mountain today to look at bows...again. I wanted to shoot the Marquis and the Black Ice, and as any of you who have talked to the archery department at Gander Mountain, they made a sales pitch on their Tech Hunter Elite. So, I shot the Marquis, very nice, smooth bow. Then I shot the Black Ice, the draw cycle was a little bit harsher than the Marquis, but still a nice bow. Then I shot the Tech Hunter, and much to my surprise, I liked it. I thought that it shot just as well as the Marquis, but the draw was smoother. So, does anyone want to tell me how stupid I am for liking this bow, and if not, does anyone have any experience with the Tech Hunter Elite?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:58 PM

Default RE: OK, Let Me Have It

Is it their guide Series? i think it's made by Bowtech for gander???
Old 02-10-2008, 08:03 PM

Dang! If you liked it and it felt good, thats all that matters. Theres been a ton of posts on here lately of folks buying the latest and greatest from the big companies but that sure doesnt mean it is right for you.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

It is in their guide series, and it is made by Diamond/Bowtech. Judging from what I saw the only difference between the Tech Hunter and the new Marquis is the string suppressor and the camo. I guess it is just a mind thing, a store brand bow being inferrior. Plus I hear they make a bigger profit off of the Tech Hunter, perhaps they will work on price a bit.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

So, does anyone want to tell me how stupid I am for liking this bow, and if not, does anyone have any experience with the Tech Hunter Elite?
If anyone says that and means it, they are pathetic in themselves. No one can tell you what bow you like or don't like. I'm happy you shot several and made your choice for you, what else can we do. Bows are personal, what works for me might not work for you and vise versa.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

It is in their guide series, and it is made by Diamond/Bowtech. Judging from what I saw the only difference between the Tech Hunter and the new Marquis is the string suppressor and the camo. I guess it is just a mind thing, a store brand bow being inferrior. Plus I hear they make a bigger profit off of the Tech Hunter, perhaps they will work on price a bit.
It makes my TOP 5 for bows I'd like to shoot this year, that are priced REASONABLE!!! Last year, I thought that the REFLEX Ridgeline34 was THE nicest shooting bow of all the bows I shot, and that includes the Vectrix and the XL, Bowtech Allegiance, Guardian, Commander, Bear bows, Browning bows, and a handful of others. But the Ridgeline34 was hands down the nicest feeling bow of the bunch to me, personally. If that's the bow "that trips your trigger, then pull it"
Old 02-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the only diff is the cam and maybe the ata, slightly, im not sure, but bowtech still makes them and for all i know they may be a better bow.... They just "market" the marquis. its all about marketing.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

"If anyone says that and means it, they are pathetic in themselves. No one can tell you what bow you like or don't like. I'm happy you shot several and made your choice for you, what else can we do. Bows are personal, what works for me might not work for you and vise versa. "

Amen Rob. I am currently using a 4 year old Reflex Excursion. I bought the bow brand new for under $200 a year after it was made.....nothing special but I liked it and I could afford it. If you like it Leland, BUY IT.

shadow
Old 02-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe he would like to know if it is worth buying or will it be junk in a year.

I have no experiense with them so I can't answer that but I have drawn them and they felt nice,atleast the model I drew back a couple years ago. That is if you are speaking of the guide series at Gander Mountain.