Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any one wanna speak up >

Any one wanna speak up

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any one wanna speak up

Old 02-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Any one wanna speak up

IMB is another shady outfitter. That owner has a buddy that he is tight with in the huntingnet.com where if anyone posts anything negative about that outfitter, or bad experience, getting burned, etc. he shuts the posts down and deletes them so there is nothing to search on. So he has damage control, this seems to be the same here being done for the poacher. BoonerToon has all of 13 posts total and majority came on this thread, coincidence??

That guy could be a great person & could not be, but you can't say he didn't have his hunts all planned out over the period of time, its not like it "just happened". There was motive and plan to it.[/align]__________________
www.deer101.com got to love watching big breeding bucks live 24/7! [/align]
Old 02-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any one wanna speak up

Reminding the offender “hunting is a privilege” for those who follow the rules, U.S. Magistrate Byron Cudmore on Monday accepted a plea arrangement that levies a $7,500 fine on a Tennessee man who violated a series of state and federal wildlife laws.

Advertisement
The hunter, Allen Blevins, who also served as a guide for Hadley Creek Outfitters in Pike County, was ordered to forfeit three trophy white-tailed deer mounts as well.

Blevins pleaded guilty to killing three bucks in 2004, two more than the “one buck” limit allotted to nonresident archery deer hunters. He also transported an illegally taken buck to Tennessee in violation of the federal Lacey Act. Once back in Tennessee, he checked it in as having been killed in his home state. On other occasions, he had others place their license tags on deer he killed or placed one of his tags on another’s deer.

Blevins was ordered to pay $7,500 to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Lacey Act Reward Fund, and he forfeited the three mounted deer heads that were seized as evidence.

The fund defrays the cost of investigations into wildlife and conservation crimes.

Cudmore told Blevins the penalties would have been more severe if he had a previous record of violating conservation laws.

“I’ve been a hunter my whole life,” Cudmore said. “(Hunting) is about the process. I don’t like hunters that only equate success with what we bag.

“The sport doesn’t need to be sullied like that.”

The Lacey Act violation is a Class A misdemeanor with a possible maximum sentence of up to one year in prison, up to one year supervised release and up to a $100,000 fine.

Blevins, an attorney and president of Whitetail Properties, a real estate firm specializing in selling land for hunting, expressed regret during his court appearance.

“I am very sorry and remorseful for my actions,” he said. “It is the biggest mistake I ever made.”

Assistant U.S. attorney Gregory Gilmore prosecuted the case.

Chris Young can be reached at 788-1528.

The Blevins case

*Blevins killed a 10-point buck with a bow on Oct. 1, 2004, on property owned or leased by Hadley Creek Outfitters. He did not tag the deer with his temporary harvest tag as required by Illinois law. Instead, he took the untagged deer to Tennessee and fraudulently registered it as being killed in Putnam County, Tenn.

*On Nov. 9, 2004, Blevins registered a 10-point deer that he claimed he had killed in Pike County. Another hunter at Hadley Creek Outfitters actually killed the deer. On Nov. 12, Blevins unlawfully killed a second antlered deer that was tagged and registered by another hunter. The deer was taken to a taxidermist in Tennessee to be mounted.

*On Nov. 25, 2004, Blevins killed a third antlered deer (Illinois law allows for one). That deer was illegally registered with a tag belonging to his father. That deer also was taken to a Tennessee taxidermist and mounted.

All three deer were shown in the 2004 photo gallery for Hadley Creek Outfitters.

— Chris Young

Old 02-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Guess I missed out on this one? Care to explain before this post gets deleted?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone here got the real story?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMB is another shady outfitter. That owner has a buddy that he is tight with in the huntingnet.com where if anyone posts anything negative about that outfitter, or bad experience, getting burned, etc. he shuts the posts down
I don't know about this. In fact I personally do not believe this has any merit.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is a 5 pager over at AT if you want a good laugh

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=631430
Old 02-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

damn it... can't read it while at work.

anything with "talk" in it is blocked.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

read it no facts just ...............jbs.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with this guy getting blasted.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I must have missed it to, I'll check that AT[:'(] thread.

Quick Reply: Any one wanna speak up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.