Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Carbon Express Kevlar - worth the $$$ >

Carbon Express Kevlar - worth the $$$

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon Express Kevlar - worth the $$$

Old 02-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Carbon Express Kevlar - worth the $$$

I found out today that my shop has switched from Gold Tip to Carbon Express as far as the arrows he recommends, or should I say, is paid to shoot. Anyway, I saw something I hadn't seen before..... Carbon Express Carbon/Kevlar arrows. At $200 per dozen, are they worth the money?
Old 02-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Carbon Express Kevlar - worth the $$$

Will somebody being shooting at your arrows in flight?

Plus IMO they are to light
Old 02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can get easton for 120 and they get the job done, cant see ever paying 200 bucks for arrows.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

you can get easton for 120 and they get the job done, cant see ever paying 200 bucks for arrows.
Sound advice
Old 02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will be shooting the Aramids this year also. Whether they are worth $200 or not is up to you. I imagine that they will be to a few people that demand the absolute best for everything. ButI have not been able to shoot them yet so I can't say for sure. If they are like Carbon Expresses other high end arrowsI am sure I will be very very pleased.

From what I can tell they will be as consistant as the Maxima shafts but with even better durability than the Terminator selects. I should have mine in a couple of weeks.

Plus IMO they are to light
i wouldn't call them a "heavy" carbon arrow but they are not exactly light either. They weigh 8.9 (250)and 9.8 (350) grains per inch which is heavier than 75% of the carbon arrows out there today. A 29" 350 with feathers and a 125 grain head should weigh a little over 450 grains. In toaday carbon arrow world that is on the heavy side. They weigh almost exactly as what an equally spined Easton Axis arrow weighs which is considered to be one of the heavier carbons.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll just stick with my GT 7595s. They're straight, tough and accurate. When 477 grains flying at 270 fps hits the mark, the game is over anyway.

Oh yeah! One other thing... when did Carbon Express and Mathews team up? There was a whole line of Carbon Express arrows in the "Mathews Edition", complete with the Mathews logo printed on them.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

When Mathews went with Lost camo. Mathews has an entire line of Mathews labeled stuff. Clothing from Gamehide, Arrows from Carbon Express, Steak knives, dringking glasses, turkey seats, you name it. [&:]
Old 02-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

and ill be buying all the stuff with Mathews on it.Why, because I want to thats why!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I am paying $200.00 for arrows,I will be shooting A/C/E 's and I am not hunting with anything that expensive.But I am seriously considering the ace's for targets right now.[]
Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only way I'd pay $200 for arrows is if I walk out of the shop with 3 doz. Carbon Express Heritage 150's

Quick Reply: Carbon Express Kevlar - worth the $$$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.