Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thunderball Magnetic Nocks >

Thunderball Magnetic Nocks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thunderball Magnetic Nocks

Old 02-07-2008, 09:51 PM

Default Thunderball Magnetic Nocks

Has anybody used them. I have and although they do what they say such as eliminate string torque they cause more problems like fletch alingment among other things. Thinking about changing for next year but wondering if anyone else has used them and their results with them. ?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:52 PM

Default RE: Thunderball Magnetic Nocks

I meant arrow torque not string torque... my bad
Old 02-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know very little about them but I have my doubts about using them for hunting. As you mentioned,fletch alignment. What if you bump your arrow? Will your arrow fall off? I do some still hunting and wonder how often I would be picking up my arrow. What if the tip of your arrowbumps a branch as your picking up your bow to shoot that buck of a lifetime? I think it could be great on a bow set up for target shooting. Also does it center exactly every time? could that mess with your accuracy. I strictly hunt and set up my equipment to eliminate possible problems.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:01 PM

I've seen them but never actually heard of anyone using them. Seems like too much could go wrong with them.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:57 AM

I like what the other guys are say about them. they sound like to many things could go wrong. i think there trying to come something diffrent to sell. I wouldnt change
Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I had to look that one up since I'd never heard of t, and while I like NAP products that has to be about the silliest nocking system I've ever seen. It reminded me of those magnetic clasps I've seen on tv for people who have difficulty figuring out the clasp on their cheap necklace, and it would probably hold about as securely. I see nothing but problems with it.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:10 AM

Used to be a company that made pretty much the same thing called Magnock. I see they don't even have a website anymore, or if they do I can't find it.

I think with the mag nocks the magnet was on the arrow to keep weight off the string. I think they had a better hook up system as well.

I will be perfectly honest the NAP product looks like a cheap knock off version of them.

I toyed with getting some at one point but never went through with it. The current system really isn't that bad in my opinion. The way your arrow nocks is not what is holding most people back from shooting well.

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Old 02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think with the mag nocks the magnet was on the arrow to keep weight off the string. I think they had a better hook up system as well.
Paul.

The Magnocks magnet was in the reciever that attached to the string the actual nock had a tiny ball in them.

I used the Magnocks for 3 or 4 years in both hunting and target, never did have a problem with the arrow falling off the string.

I dont think they are still in business.

I still have a couple of recievers and about 2 dozen nocks sitting in my tackle box.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm one of those if itsn't broke why fix it guys.A form of anocks have been around since the first bows were made, why look for a better mouse trap?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:26 AM

I remembered them being the other way around, oh well. Thanks for the correction.

I looked at them pretty hard but never could convince myself to shuck out the money for them.

Paul

Quick Reply: Thunderball Magnetic Nocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.